Chapter 25: feelings

I woke up to find Yulia laying beside me, though she was laying on top of the covers in only a pair of shorts and a tank top that was half way rolled up around her stomach, revealing a large purple blotch along her stomach and ribs.

"Yulia?" 

I whispered, causing her to groan and sit up, only to see that it was just eight in the morning.

"What is it Lenka? If It's not important don't wake me before twelve." 

she muttered in a sleep-deprived whine as she actually got beneath the blankets this time.

I tried not to laugh at her as she turned toward me, remembering how badly bruised she was.

"What happened yesterday? I saw the bruise on your stomach."

I stated, earning a sigh.

"Damn...well....Aron and a bunch of other guys cornered me when I got off the bus and got a few good hits in before I managed to kick the shit out of them." 

She answered with a yawn before adding 

"Can I please go back to sleep now?" 

This time, I laughed aloud as she borrowed down underneath the covers, drawing the blankets up over her head.

Laying back down myself I felt her put an arm over me, causing me to both want to pull away and get closer. 

However I didn't do anything, my thoughts going numb as she curled closer.

could it be possible that she would return my feelings? would it be possible to not get awkward around each other if a relationship didn't work out if she did? Was I just in some strange state of delirium caused by how badly I was treated before?

My mind began to race and I felt my heart beat quicken.

"Lenka, I can feel your heartbeat. Take deep breaths and try to calm down from whatever panic attack you're having."

Author's note:

I just want to thank everyone who has voted, commented or otherwise read this story.