Me (Adam)

You and your husband Adam have recently had the pleasure of bringing in your first child into the world. You both couldn't be happier to have a happy, healthy baby girl.. But she will not stay asleep, or even sleep at night. This leads to you tending the newborn, almost every hour it seems, this is how it normally was... Especially tonight.

The cries of Lilly were so loud, you didn't even need the monitor to hear her it seemed.

" ugh." I groan out glancing at the clock which read ' 1:57 am '.

" the day she sleeps through a whole night... Will be a miracle." Adam groans from next to you.

" I know." I say sighing and standing up to tend to the new born.

I stumble down the hallway and open the door, Lilly's cries not dying down anytime soon it seemed.

" what is it baby girl?" I asked her picking her up and sitting in the chair I had in her room.

She didn't need to be changed, and I had fed her not long ago, and tired To fed her again, which isn't what she wanted... So really, I'm at a loss.

I sit there and try to calm her down, trying everything. Talking to her, singing to her, even not even talking to her.. I just have no idea what she wants, which is so frustrating.

She just kept crying and crying... I found myself crying too.. I had no idea what to do. She just won't stop..

" I-I don't know what to do." I say more to myself, both of us crying now.

" what's going on?" Adam asks from the door way, in just sweatpants and his hair a bit messy.

" she just won't stop crying, Adam. I've tried everything. I don't know what to do, I'm a terrible mother." I say, more tears falling from my eyes.

" baby, no." He say walking over to me and the screaming child. " here lemme see her" he says taking Lilly into his arms and walking around the room.

" what's wrong babygirl?" He asks talking to the child walking around and trying to calm her down.. Which works almost instantly. She stops crying within seconds, and falls asleep.

" how did you do that?" I whisper yell. Adam shrugs and sets her back down in her crib.

" she probably cried herself out, now let's go back to bed." Adam says. I follow him back to our room and let down, him instantly pulling me into his chest.

" Y/N, why do you say you're a bad mother?" He asks quietly while running his hands along your back.

" I couldn't calm her down.. And I had no idea what to do." I say laying my head on his chest.

" well, you're an amazing mother, and it just happens sometimes. Lilly's only 3 months old. Cut yourself some slack, love. You're an amazing mother, and get some sleep while we can. I love you." He says kissing my head.

I couldn't help but smile. Adam was an amazing husband, and an even better father. He loves you and Lilly with all his heart and made sure you two had everything you needed. He was truly a gift you were more than great full for. These were your last thoughts until you drift into a peaceful sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------

A/n: I got this idea before I fell asleep the other night and I thought it was cute. I hope you enjoyed!!!!!!! Much love.

- Molly💜