Chapter 15

***Vic's POV***

I squeezed Kellins hand gently under the table. He looked at me, fear in his eyes. I mouthed 'it's okay' to him, and he nodded.

Kellin and I sit across from my parents, eating tortilla chips and salsa, waiting for dinner to finish in the oven. I guess now would be a good time to ask...

"Mama, Papa," I start. They look at me, and nod their heads, signaling for me to continue. "Uh, I was wondering if... um... Kellin could... live here."

Mike looks at me from the end of the table, eyes wide. I turn my gaze back to my parents. Papa has a confused look, and Mama is giving Kellin a warm smile. "Bad home life?" She questions softly. Kellin raises an eyebrow. "How'd you know?" He whispers.

Mama leans over our small dinner table, and lightly grazes her fingers over a swollen, purple spot on Kellins jaw. Kellin touches it. His mouth forms an 'O'. "Kellin.... I am okay with you living here-" I smile. "-but where will you sleep?" Mama asks.

"I have already thought of this!" I shout. Papa puts a finger to his lips. I mumble a quick 'sorry', and continue in a quieter tone.

"You know that old bed we have downstairs? We could cut off the bottom a little, and attach the posts of it to my bed, to form a bunk bed! Kellin can sleep in my room, and it will be great! We can have a lot of fun, and-" I continue, but stop when I feel Kellins hand grip my thigh. "And yeah" I finish.

"That's a great idea" Papa says, smiling. "Alright. You two, get Kellins stuff" I nod getting up.

"Kellin?" Mama says. Kellin looks at her. "Who do you live with?" She asks. "My uncle" Kellin responds. "Did he abuse you?" She asks. He nods. "Okay. We will call the police. We will sign adoption papers, and everything is going to be alright. For both of you" Mama says, a small smile on her lips. We both nod. We walk towards the front door. "My uncle should be at work, and the door is always open. Let's just do this quick" Kellin says shakily.

I grip his shoulders, and look around to check if my parents were watching. They weren't. I lean in and kiss Kellin quickly.

"You're going to be okay now. You're living with me. As long as you're here with me, I know you'll be okay" I promise. He nods, and snuggles into my neck. I run my hand through his hair. "Let's go" I whisper.

-

Kellins shaky hand opens the door to his house. "It's okay. Just grab your stuff, and we'll go" I whisper. He nods, and runs inside to his room. I wait patiently for him, tapping my foot to an imaginary rhythm in my head.

Luckily for us, Kellins uncle is not home. I stroll into the living room, and look at all the family photos. I let my eyes wander around the living space, and that's when I hear something. I quickly turn my head towards an open window. I see a chubby man step out of a worn down, rusted vehicle. Shit. So much for luck.

"Kellin! He's home!" I whisper-yell. "Hide!" Kellin yells back. I look around, searching for a place to hide, and soon spot one. I quickly hop behind a curtain, and await for my boyfriends uncle to walk in the door.

But he doesn't just walk in.

He barges into the house. "Son, where are you?" His voice booms throughout the little house. "I'm upstairs, I'll come down" I hear Kellin say in a shaky voice.

My vision is blocked by the white curtain in front of my eyes, so I listen carefully to everything. I hear footsteps come closer, so I'm assuming Kellin is making his way down the stairs.

"Dad, I need to-" Kellin started, but was cut off when he let out a loud yelp, and I heard a dull thud. My heart clenched. "Save it, son" His uncle boomed.

I looked around the corner of the curtain, to see Kellin on the floor, curled up in a ball. His uncles back is facing me.

I can't leave Kellin there. I can't let him get hurt again. So, without thinking about my safety, I bolt for the kitchen.

I look all around the tiny, worn out kitchen. I spot a knife.

No, I can't fucking kill him. My eyes fade away from the sharp object, and find their way to a frying pan.

"Stop!" Kellin cries.

Okay, no more time for thinking.

I grab the frying pan and bolt out of the kitchen. Kellins uncle is kicking Kellin, back still facing me. I run towards the bloated man, and hit him across the head with the black pan.

"Fuck!" He shouts, falling to the floor, a few inches from Kellin. I run over to the horrible human that has treated Kellin so terribly, and straddle him.

I hit the frying pan across his face, several times. For each hit, I say a word. "Don't. Fucking. Touch. Him!" I yell, slamming him in the face. "Vic" I hear the faint voice of Kellin.

I turn my head towards Kellin. His eyes are filled with fear. I drop the frying pan, and run over to him. I look back at his uncle. He is for sure knocked out cold. Kellin begins to quietly sob. "Shh, I'll grab your stuff" I say, kissing his temple.

I get up, run to the last room in the hallway, and glance around the nearly empty room. I pick up the black garbage bag on the floor. As I suspected, it's not at all heavy. I'm going to need to buy Kells more stuff.

I run back to Kellin, sling the garbage bag over my shoulder, and pick him up bridal style.

We walk over to my car, and I place him in the back seat (it was difficult opening the car door).

We drove back to my house, and I dreaded every moment of it.

Whenever we would hit a slight bump in the road, Kellin would cry out, and I would cringe.

Whenever there was a red light, and I had to stop, Kellin would take in a sharp breathe of air, and I would wince.

Whenever Kellin got hurt, I secretly got hurt too.

In our relationship, I'm at that point where I'd rather be in pain, than for him to be. I want Kellin to be happy. I just want things to be okay for him.

And I can't help but wonder... Is this what love is?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

([A/N] no one is reading this :c please comment if you are, I'd appreciate it. DON'T get me wrong, I love writing. but I might stop, since no one is showing me they like it :/)