I Think You Prefer To Be Miserable Instead

I have re-written this chapter because I'm really getting invested in the story. It was meant to be a joke at the start but I love writing this now. I hope you enjoy.

Robbie looked around his lair, yes it was messy, but that was just the way he liked it. His clothes were strewn across the room so much so that the floor was visibly non-existent and remnants of sickly sweet candy were noticeable between the items of clothing. After scanning his home, he begrudgingly flopped out of bed. If he could stay in his bed for the rest of his life he'd be more than happy, but he wanted to share his happiness with someone else, someone...good. Robbie shuddered at the thought, but was quickly consoled when he thought about not being completely alone. He'd always wanted to be with someone, whether it be a friend or something more, Robbie was just tired of being on his own. He thought about what it would be like to wake up next to someone, to cuddle with them, to design new things with them, to never leave their side. That was all the motivation he needed for the day.

Robbie shuffled over to his kitchen to get something to eat, his purple fluffy slippers slide across the floor which caused him to stumble a few times but that didn't discourage him. As Robbie reached for his leftover cake he smiled, he loved the taste of cake in the morning, and at every other time of the day. The cake was his favourite kind, a creamy vanilla sponge that he stole from Trixie during her birthday. Robbie had stored in in his fridge for the right moment and this was it. He made his way to his living room before sighing and slumping into his chair which emitted a cloud of dust. He coughed a little before delving into his breakfast, he didn't realise how hungry he really was. In less than two minutes the cake was gone and all that remained was a few lonely crumbs upon a ceramic plate .

Robbie groaned as he pulled himself out of his old chair, he had to get dressed. He grabbed his periscope and discovered that it was incredibly sunny outside. Robbie didn't hate the sun, he just prefered to stay indoors when it came out. He trudged over to his disguise machine and played a small tune on the piano, in a matter of seconds a knee-length purple dress was displayed in front of the villain. Robbie slipped the dress over his head and slipped his favourite pair of black shoes on, he twirled in his mirror to admire his work before climbing out of his hatch. This was the day he was going to try and befriend someone. Anyone would do really, just not Sportaflop.

After crawling out of his home, Robbie sauntered over to the hammock he had put up between two strong trees by the kids' treehouse. The piece of fabric swung slightly as Robbie climbed into it and laid down. Admiring the view of the leaves swaying back and forth while being blown gently by the wind, Robbie fell asleep.

He was awoken to the shrill cry of Miss Busybody screaming for help. Robbie closed his eyes once more, expecting Sportacus to flippity-flop over to her and save her in a flash before getting praise from everyone in town but no one came. Bessie's cries grew louder and Robbie's patience grew shorter, when the hell was he going to turn up? He knew he wouldn't get any more sleep if Miss Busybody kept shouting like that so Robbie decided to take matters into his own hands. He dropped down from his hammock and landed on his hands and knees, it wasn't as flamboyant as Sportacus would do it but it would have to do. Robbie began to sprint towards the source of the noise, ignoring the heat of the sun and the songs sung by the birds.

By the time Robbie had reached Bessie he had run out of breath and had to stop running. His chest felt like it was closing in on him, slowly but surely and Robbie didn't know what he was supposed to do. His breathing slowed down and became shallower and shallower every second. He keeled over, gasping for air. He knew he was unfit but did he really have to be punished for it? His vision was turning black, everything was disappearing. But just as he thought he was about to die, he heard a loud voice shout out. "Someone's in trouble!" It was a bittersweet moment, yes he was coming to save him but he's the reason he was in trouble in the first place. The last words that Robbie heard were Sportacus's. He had crouched down to pick Robbie up and had started whispering words to him. "You will be okay, Robbie." "I'm sorry I did not get here sooner." This is all my fault." Sportacus's voice croaked at the last sentence. He had vowed never to let anyone get hurt and he had broken his promise.