If I Could Love Like Anybody Else

Robbie awoke to a small sigh, he was a heavy sleeper which is why he always wanted the kids to quiet down. He propped himself up onto his right arm and tried not to buckle under his own weight. He spotted Sportacus sitting across from him in his chair. His hands were cupped underneath his chiselled chin and a slight blush was creeping across his face as he let out a second sigh. He couldn't believe that Robbie was here in his bed, it was like a dream. He had to keep pinching himself occasionally to make sure he wasn't asleep in his bed without his angel of darkness, his Robbie.

"What do you want, Blue Elf?" Robbie questioned, his voice was as sharp as the edge of a sword ready for battle, but his face told a different story. He was trying desperately to stop the smile that was threatening to take over his face. Sportacus jumped at the sudden interrogation he was experiencing, he hadn't expected Robbie to wake up so soon.

"Oh...uh, hey Robbie!" He stammered, "I was just wondering if you'd..." He struggled to come up with an excuse, how could he explain to Robbie that he was simply admiring the view of him wrapped in his cocoon made of blankets? "I was wondering if you'd like an apple?" He continued, mentally hitting himself for saying something so stupid. This invoked a look of disgust on Robbie's face. Sportacus immediately felt a wave of regret wash over him. He kept forgetting that not everyone loved sportscandy as much as him, especially not Robbie.

"Why the hell would I want something so disgustingly good?" Robbie's voice dripped with venom at the last word. Good . Robbie's stomach twisted at his words. He began to wonder how he could stop those foul words from coming out of Sporty's mouth again. Robbie got carried away thinking about all the different ways he could shut him up, his heart rate quickened and his breathing became shallow. Sportacus glanced at Robbie and noticed how his demeanor changed so suddenly, he quickly rushed to kneel next to the bed to make sure his villain was okay.

"Robbie what's wrong?" Sportacus whispered, his voice wavering with worry. He knew he should have stayed with him instead of teaching the kids how to do handstands, Robbie has always been his top priority. Robbie quickly came back to reality, he had no idea how long he'd been thinking about it. He just knew he wanted to carry on.

"Shut up, Sportaflop i'm fine." He answered, his face still flushed. He let his eyes wander, first he glanced at Sportacus's piercing blue eyes, then his sharp cheekbones, and lastly his plump lips. That was it for Robbie, he couldn't last much longer. "Just go and do your flippy floppy stuff, i'm busy today." He managed to choke out. Sportacus was taken aback, he was only worried about Robbie's health.

"Y...yeah, do you wanna come down to Pixel's house? He is teaching me how to play video games, the first is something called Hatoful Boyfriend." Sportacus lit up half way through his sentence, he loved the kids dearly and he would really love Robbie to get along with them. Robbie sighed, he really couldn't be bothered to leave the airship but he hated being away from Sportacus.

"Fine, i'll get ready now. Just don't rush me." He snapped. He didn't want to show his true feelings towards the hero, he dealt with his emotions by brushing them under the carpet. Although he did feel content knowing that Sportacus wanted to spend more time with him, even if he had to move and spend time with noisy children. Sportacus laughed and shook his head.

"Of course, i'll wait over by the kitchen. Do you prefer strawberries or cherries?" He asked while walking over to his small worktop and opening his fridge. Robbie could only muster a scoff. Sportacus smirked at his answer and thought about how Robbie eating sportscandy would make him feel...especially cherries.