'Til Death Do Us Part

"You and your good feelings," Zoey grumbles to Louis as she joins everyone at the front of the RV. 

Louis shrugs. Francis scowls. Yvette checks her ammo.

"Well, it doesn't look like we're going to make it into the city in the RV," Yvette says. 

"Definitely not," Zoey agrees, checking her own ammo. Fully loaded. Good.

Francis turns and moves past her. She watches as he reaches for a bag underneath the kitchenette's table. Louis brings the RV to a halt and throws it into park. He gets up and moves to stand next to Francis.

"What have we got?"

Francis hands him a sub machine gun. Louis grins. To Zoey, Francis tosses a chrome shotgun. She nods and tucks her pistol into its holster. Francis rummages around more and produces another pistol. He tosses this to her as well.

"Thanks."

Francis looks to Yvette. "What's your poison?"

"Actually," Yvette says slowly, "I think I'm just going to keep my pistol." She points above the windshield to an axe in a glass case. "That looks like fun."

Francis smiles approvingly. "Alright, then. You slice and dice and we'll shoot 'em up."

Yvette opens the axe's case and pulls down the heavy tool, grinning wickedly. Zoey cocks an eyebrow.

"You know, I never would have pegged you for a melee girl," she says.

Yvette shrugs, hefting the axe and testing its weight. "I'm going to be perfectly honest with you: I'm tired of guns. I feel like all I've done for the past ... well, almost a year now, is shoot zombies. It's time to shake things up."

Louis laughs and nods at the axe. "Well, that should do it. Are we ready?"

Just then, the first wave of zombies crashes against the RV.

"I guess we gotta be," Francis says as he grabs a chrome shotgun like Zoey's. 

Zoey looks up. She points. "I can climb through that vent, get on top, clear out some bodies."

Francis eyeballs her. She eyeballs him back. 

"Don't start with me, biker boy."

He cocks an eyebrow. "Who you callin' boy, college girl?"

He smacks her on the bum. She punches him on the shoulder. She smiles when he actually grimaces a little. 

"Come on and help me get this thing open."

Francis climbs onto the table and begins taking apart the vent. Louis moves over to a window, opening it a crack. He begins firing. When Francis finally gets the vent loose, he hoists Zoey through the opening. She scrambles up onto the roof of the RV. She takes out her pistols first. She moves toward the door of the RV, kneels, and begins shooting. From down below, she can hear Francis adding his own gunfire to the fight. Soon, the sound of Yvette's gunfire follows.

They quickly drop the first wall of zombies. Yvette takes the opportunity the lull allows to join Zoey on the roof of the RV. Zoey shoves her pistols into their holsters and pulls the shotgun from its holster on her back. She looks at Yvette, eyebrows raised.

"I wouldn't say no to a Molotov right now."

Yvette nods. "Me neither." She points with her axe. "We could toss them that way and take out the ones coming from there."

Zoey walks over to the vent hole and calls down. "Hey! Can we get a couple of Molotovs?"

"Sure," Louis answers.