1.

Camila hates college.

Okay, no, that's not entirely true. Classes haven't started yet and she's hardly even set foot in her dorm room more than four times. But she's definitely pissed.

She's attempting to lug Dinah's heavy fucking box in this too tight hallway and the fucking open flaps keep catching on the scuffed up fucking walls and fucking Dinah is God knows where and she can't get her fucking key out to open this fucking lock that keeps fucking sticking and-

She takes a moment to stop and breathe because she can faintly hear her mom in the back of her head scolding her in Spanish for her terrible language.

After that brief moment, she starts to feel a little better, and she's just about give the lock another attempt when Dinah comes barreling in front of her with empty arms, opens the door on her first try, glances back at Camila and asks why is she just standing there doing nothing.

So no, Camila doesn't hate college.

Camila hates Dinah.

~~

They're carrying the last of their belongings (read: Dinah's) to their shared room when Dinah stops abruptly in the hallway, resulting in a muted oomph as Camila ungracefully bumps into her best friend's back.

"Dinah, what the f-"

"Shit, Mila, I left my water bottle on the wall outside our building. Could you run down and grab it for me? I'll take the rest of the stuff to our room."

Camila rolls her eyes as a nonverbal reply, but hangs the plastic bags in her hands onto Dinah's arms and turns to head the way she came.

She pushes through the entranceway leading to the outside and scans the small brick wall lining their building. After spotting it a couple feet away, she snatches it up and heads back in.

There's an elevator, but they're only on the second floor and she really doesn't feel like waiting for it, so she opts for the stairs.

All that's on her mind is her final destination, her bed, where she can lay down and attempt to block out Dinah's inevitable twerking music. The relief is so close she can taste it, one final corner to round and her room will come into view where her mattress is surely beckoning her to lie.

She's glancing down as she turns the corner, inspecting Dinah's Beyoncé bottle, when for the second time in two minutes, she feels herself collide with a soft body, letting out another soft grunt as the bottle slips from her grasp.

Their bodies are completely flush with one another, chest to chest, hips to hips, and well, Camila can't really be blamed for enjoying the feeling of a warm body pressed up to hers, can she? A long second or two passes before they separate themselves, and when they do, Camila shifts her head upwards. The first thing she notices are the greenest eyes she's ever seen.

The second thing she physically cannot help but notice is the ink lining the girl's bare arms, starting from her wrists and winding upwards until the tattoos disappear under her sleeveless shirt. Camila only has a second to stare but in that fleeting moment she spots a bunch of roses wrapped around the girl's left bicep, and what looks like a tiger on her right forearm.

It leaves Camila breathless.

Has she mentioned that tattoos are a huge turn on for her?

That blissful feeling is short lived, however, when she sees the girl's deep scowl marring her features and watches her open her mouth.

"Watch the fuck where you're going, freshman."

It's like the combination of her hormones from meeting this really attractive girl, the stress of moving in and starting over in a new environment, the girl's foul mood, and fucking Dinah, all come together in this moment and drag Camila's mood into the goddamn grave.