3.

Camila hates sand.

Well, that's not entirely true. She loves tanning on it and how it feels in between her toes. But she hates how it gets in absolutely everything, and how it makes her hands and feet feel dusty, and when the sun heats it up and the sand burns any skin that comes into contact with it.

But she really loves the beach as a whole, so it's worth it.

Ally piled everyone into her little Mini Cooper Countryman (fitting car for her, if you ask Camila), somehow crammed their beach chairs, umbrella, and cooler into the trunk, and drove the five of them to the local beach.

It's a surprisingly hot day for the end of October, the temperature somewhere around ninety degrees. That probably explains why it seems as if every single soul in California decided to go to the beach too.

The girls are lugging their belongings through the crowd, attempting to find an empty spot that isn't next to a bunch of screaming kids or half naked old men with swimming trunks that are too small. They finally find a suitable place (meaning, they settle for what they can get) and begin setting up, fastening the umbrella into the sand and placing the beach chairs and mats nearby or underneath.

Camila stares out over the water, closing her eyes behind her sunglasses and enjoying the gentle breeze blowing her hair around. She turns around when she hears some commotion to find Normani and Dinah already stripped out of their clothes, and nearly falls on her ass when they run by her, racing towards the ocean. Ally follows after them, but a lot more slowly and calmly.

Moving over to her bag, Camila removes her sunglasses, locates her sunscreen, turns around, and promptly drops it.

Only a few feet away from her, Lauren is pulling her beach dress over her head, revealing smooth skin only barely covered by a black and white bikini. It turns out Lauren's tattoos continue onto the backs of her shoulders and down her right side, stopping halfway down her ribcage. As her hair gets swept up in the fabric, Camila catches a quick glimpse of a lone dragonfly on the back of Lauren's neck.

Once the dress is completely off, Lauren folds it up and leans down to shove it into her bag, seemingly unaware of Camila's blatant staring. She notices the bottle laying near Camila's feet and grabs it while she's leaning down, bending back up and coming face to face with Camila, who suddenly snaps out of her trance when she sees Lauren's eyes.

"Did you drop this?" Lauren asks with a raised eyebrow at Camila's reddening face.

"Uh, yes, yeah, I did. Yeah I did."

"Are you going to take it or..."

Camila shakes her head, willing her cheeks to just stop blushing. "Right, yeah. Thanks, yeah."

Lauren hands the bottle back over, nods her head once, and grabs her own sunscreen from the outside pocket of her bag.

Stupid stupid stupid stupid! You're such a stuttering dumbass.

Camila doesn't want to keep standing there talking to herself, so she places the lotion on top of a beach chair and removes her tank top, draping it over the same chair. She's tugging her Banana Republic shorts down her legs when she glances up, and notices green eyes definitely not looking at her face. They're trailing up and down Camila's body, eyeing the patterned bikini, and Camila feels a sense of excitement knowing that Lauren is affected by her state of undress too.

So maybe she decides to exploit it. And some of her assets.

Slowly folding her shorts, she grabs her top from the chair, turning around towards her bag. With the knowledge that Lauren's eyes are still trained on her, the sunscreen she was spreading on her arm forgotten, Camila bends over, maybe giving a little more ass than appropriate at a public beach. She takes her time shoving her clothes into the bag, deciding to also search for a hair tie.