Chapter 1: Liberty.

: Ireland P.O.V:

I quietly slipped down the alley, I turned a corner and stopped. There it was. The Statue of Liberty. it may be miles away, but all I cared about was being able to see it. I  shook my head in wonder before a small noise startled my  into hiding. I cautiously peered around the bend. Walking around the corner, was a tall teenage boy, with brown hair, and a worn black holdie.

           Although Iknew exactly who he was, I pressed myself flat against the wall. I honestly didn't really want to see anyone at the moment.  After the sounds had gone, I got up and slowly walked around the side of the building. This was obviously a mistake, because I ran straight into the boy.

               "Where you goin' Ireland?" he smiled as I decided to bury my face in his hoodie. "Nowhere." came the muffled reply. "You mean you're just going to stay like this?" he ran his hand over my hair. "I guess so, I'm not sure what else to do here anyways." I breathed in the smell of his hoodie. What was it about Guy's hoodies that made them so magical? My best friend Piper would be asking the exact thing.

         "Be honest Ireland, what were you doing here?" he asked me gently.                                             "Stuff." I smiled with my face still buried in his hoodie. "What kind of stuff?" he smirked.  "I just wanted to see the statue.." i grumbled. i hated how all the boys could manage to press any information they wanted out of me. It was absolutely ridiculous!

        "I know how much you love seeing it," he hugged me, which caused me to turn bright red. "But you have to stay with the Squad. When you run off without telling anyone it gets us all very worried." He let go, and I shyly stumbled back. "Sorry," i said. "I just never get any alone time."

           "Let me tell you something, if anyone needs alone time, it's Jacob! He's always to caught up in what everyone else is doing and never does anything for himself!" he laughed. I giggled a bit too, "Yeah, that seems about right."

        "Come on," i said. "We better get back to the Squad before everyone thinks we ran away together!" I playfully shoved him and ranf off down the street. He chased after me all the way back.