Chapter 4: A feeling.

(Ireland's P.O.V.)

I looked up at the sky. Drak clouds were forming, and raindrops lightly fell onto my face. How was I used to this? How was I used to living on the streets as orohans with a big group of all these other kids? I remembered the day we all met. Thinking of that day always brings a smile to my face.

     (Flashback)

"I'm never going back to this awful place!" I ran down the street, tears streaming down my face. I tripped on a random rock and fell. But I didn't get up. I lay there crying, what else was I to do? I had no family, no friends, nobody who loved me and was there to help me.. I felt absolutely useless. What was my purpose here?! I'm an orphan! Everyone looks down on orphans, they mean nothing to everyone, they are only there to be used in some way..

       I was crying so hard that at first, i didn't feel that somebody touched my arm ever so slightly. When I realized it,  I looked up and saw a boy about my age, with brown hair blond highlights and brown eyes. "What's wrong?" He looked just as depressed as I was. 

             I sat up, my  fuzzy red hair covering my right eye. The boy sat on the ground with me, waiting for a response. "I-I have no f-family, i have n-no friends either.." The boy looked right at me, and then he slowly touched my arm. I looked up at him and he said "I don't either." I asked him, "What's your name?" "Jacob." he said, "What's yours?" "Ireland."

      "What are we supposed to do now? Nobody cares about us.." He grabbed my arm and helped me up. "Somebody cares about you know." I blushed ever so slightly as he said that. "But now, we can be eachother's family. We can find more orphans and have a big family.".                 I smiled. "That's the best idea ever!"

Then after that we became best friends, we did EVERYTHING together! And everyday we made new friends who were orphans as well, and we invited them to stay with us. Us being little kids we had to name our group, so we named it "The Weird Squad." Because that was something we all had in common, we were all strange, peculiar, and weird.

       (flashback ends)

(Ireland's P.O.V.)

But I remembered how Malachi was only invited to join a month ago, everyone didn't seem to like him. so he always stayed with me. And during that time, we became great friends.. that's when I realized.. "Where is Malachi?!"