March 20, 2015: You and Me, always between the lines

A/N: Thank you guys for supporting Everglow! It still amazes me how you guys patiently wait for updates. And like I've said before, even if at the moment I don't have the luxury of time to reply to all the comments, know how I appreciate all of them, and totoo, reading them would make my day. Also the reads and the votes. Marami pong salamat from the bottom of my Maichard shipper heart! 😊

With that said, I hope kumakapit pa rin kayo and magtitiwala that this story is all about Richard's unconditional love for Maine. 💛

Okay... here we go.

*******
Maine and Carlo were silently walking near the shore. It was a beautiful night--the sky was incredibly clear, and Maine could see all the stars twinkling above them, the crescent moon was almost clearly reflected on the sea's surface.

She feels a certain kind of comfort feeling the sand underneath her feet as she walked, and appreciated how the rush of the sea water kissed the edge of the shore. Carlo on the other hand was walking a safe distance behind this girl, with this unassumingly beautiful yet sullen face.

He stopped in his tracks when he noticed her sit on the sand and leaned her back gently on the boat anchored near the shore. He could not help but smile, he found it amusing how this girl had a nonchalant attitude about her gown getting ruined, when all the other bridesmaids would have freaked about having sand all over theirs. He tried to stay away from her but when he saw her peacefully closing her eyes and smiling, feeling the rush of the sea air, her feet buried in the sand, he felt like he just had to talk to her again.

"There's just something about this girl."

Maine finally realized that Carlo was following her the entire time, she was so lost in her thoughts, she did not even notice him. "I can't believe you really followed me out here!" She laughs as she got cozy on the sand, she looks up at Carlo with wonder in her eyes, "Are you sure you want to 'get to know' me?"

"Is this the part where you try to convince me otherwise?"

Maine laughs, "Yes."

"Try me then. Give me your worst."

"I'm a workaholic, I love my job. Other lawyers who work for firms may get occasionally pissed about how suffocating their jobs are, I'm absolutely in love with mine. I enjoy my workload."

"That's good. I love my job too. A passionate woman with substance. How can that be a 'con'?"

"I'm not very girly. I mean, the glitz and glam of this gown? That's about it. This is not how I roll every day."

"Perfect girls aren't real, Nicomaine."

"I don't have and don't plan on having a night life. I like staying indoors. Home-body ako. I like writing, and it's what I usually do when I'm not working. I don't have a social life."

"Look, I'm too old for partying anyway. What sick 30 year old still parties every night at this age?"

Richard was briskly walking, trying to catch up with Maine and Carlo, when he saw them sitting side by side staring at the expanse of the shore. As he was crossing over a couple of boats docked near the shore, they were suddenly within earshot.

"You're a tough one to crack. Okay, here's a clincher, I've never had a boyfriend."

"Ever?"

"Ever. Not a single one."

"Now that I find hard to believe."

"And why is that?"

"Because you seem like the perfect girl."