January 2, 2015: I'm coming back home (i)

A/N: First and foremost, caveat lang, Richard did not go back in time. Flashback ang peg nito.

Treat this as my christmas gift to you all. Merry Christmas to the most patient readers and the best fandom in the woooorld!! :) Will upload part 2 before the long weekend finishes 💛💛

***********

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Richard, happy birthday to you!!!"

Richard smiles at his officemates, balloons in hand, crowded around his room. Stacks of folders, books and pleadings forgotten as he looked at the cake his secretary placed in front of him. "Sir, make a wish!"

He hears the small crowd cheer as he closed his eyes and blows out his candles.

All I want is to hang out with my best friend for the rest of our lives.

"Rj! Ano plans mo later? Dinner? Lilibre mo kami?" Sam says as he walked over to him and puts his arm around his friend.

"Yan tayo eh! Ever since law school puro libre lang alam mo eh!"

Just then, one of the firm's partners entered his room, "Rumor has it may palibre ka today, RRF! Happy Birthday, hijo!" The old man walked over to him as Richard quickly stood up and rushed to meet him.

"Thank you po sir VCS! Pero sir, I'll make it up to everyone, hindi po ako pwede tonight."

"That better be because you have a date, Faulkerson! You work to much, live a little!"

It was at that moment that Sam chose to butt in, "Nako VCS! Every year, he celebrates his birthday with his Nicomaine."

"Yun naman pala! I did not know you had a girlfriend, Faulkerson!" The old man pats his back and laughs heartily, "Buti hindi nagtatampo ang girlfriend mo with all the time you spend here at the office."

Richard offers to reply, but Sam beat him to it, "Nicomaine's a lawyer too, Sir, kaya she understands how much of a workaholic Rj is. But she isn't her girlfriend." Sam snickers, wiggling his eyebrows at Richard.

You are dead to me Gogna. So dead.

"Oh, so who is this Nicomaine then?"

RIchard starts to reply when Sam butts in again, "Sir, Nicomaine is Rj's best friend he wishes was his girlfriend."

Richard shoots daggers at Sam, and the old knowingly smiles at them amused, "If that's the case, you better start working again, Faulkerson. Make sure all your filings for tomorrow are prepared before six."

The old man turns around and leaves the duo slightly confused, when the old man reached the door, he turned around and added, "You better not be here after six, hijo,  enjoy your date with Nicomaine. And bring here around sometime,  I got quite curious about this girl who has got one of my star associates smitten."

**********

"So, Rj, saan ba talaga tayo tonight?" Maine asks as Richard drives around BGC, "Serendra? High Street?"

"Ang kulit mo, Meng. Teka lang, we're almost there." Richard reaches out and pinches her cheeks lightly, as his eyes remained on the road.

"OY! Masakit ha!" Maine whines as she rubs her cheeks, "Hindi na tayo teenagers, yet you still act like a five year old."

"Pero love mo naman ako." Richard turns to her quickly, flashing her a boyish grin and looks back at the road.

"Oo! Buti na lang talaga. Ang swerte mo kaya sakin!"