The vampire's wolf-Epilouge-All that is right

Dimitri’s P.O.V.

A low growl came from the other side of the line. There were papers shuffling and a couple of clinks before Rayne seemed to find what he was searching for.

“That bastard.” He hissed out. Next to me, in the driver’s seat of my Camaro Lucian chuckled. Normally, I wouldn’t let anybody near the wheel of my car, but Lucian was the exception.

“You know him?” I asked after Rayne stopped cursing and ranting. The man was having a hissy fit of epic proportions.

“Not personally, but I’ve been on his trail a couple of times. Why do you think he’s called Slick? He’s able to hide better than a weasel.” There was a sound of pages being flipped and then scribbling.

“And you couldn’t find him?” I prodded, surprised. I leaned back in my seat and pursed my lips. This was annoying me to a great extent.

Rayne snorted. “It wasn’t my job to find him Dimitri. All of the missions I do, I do on your fathers orders. He never gave me the order to find Slick.” And now I was pissed.

From what Lucian and I found in that guys mind, Slick could be a threat. He even was a threat before this Medusa’s poison shit. The man had some strong connections and plenty of men to back him up. I couldn’t wrap my mind around why he wasn’t taken care of.

“I know you, Rayne. And I know that you know that Slick is someone to be weary of. So let me ask you this, why hasn’t my father been informed of this? And if he was informed, why hasn’t he ordered Slick to be found? Why didn’t I know of one of the biggest fish in the underworld Rayne?” I growled into the phone.

Things are going to have to change and they’re going to have to change soon.

“He’s been informed Dimitri, he just didn’t want to engage in something that didn’t pose a threat to him at that time. I know it’s not reasonable or very clever, but your father didn’t want it to be done, so it wasn’t done.” He exhaled, sounding tired, “You weren’t notified of Slick because your father thought it was best for you not to get involved in that until you became Alpha.”

“Oh, goody me. My father wanted me not to worry myself with something that could potentially save my life and the pack one day. Very nice.” I said, sarcasm evident in my tone, “I want Slick to be found Rayne. I don’t care what you have to do or who you have to go over, you’ll find him as soon as possible. If my father has something against that, he can shove it up his ass, I don’t care. Then you’ll get me a list of the big fish in the underworld and up here. And I mean every single one there is. After you’re done with the list you’ll give me details about every single fucker on said list and I want you to run the information about them and their men throughout the pack enforcers. Next call Sasha and tell him to notify the whole pack about Medusa’s poison, the Pheonix and about a new security regime, which consist of including vampires from Lucian’s coven on our patrols, combing through every new person that comes in town and not sharing important pack information with any outsiders. Do I make myself clear Rayne?” I snapped out. I already went through all of my decisions in my head and I made sure every one of them was bulletproof.

If one of them failed and a rouge attack happened or someone came into town that wasn’t welcome, that would mean we had a leak in our system or a snitch in the pack. If it was one of those two, that would mean we needed to close off the town and start exterminating the vermin.

“Yes, sir.” Came a sharp reply form Rayne. Just then I realized that I gave off orders and not requests. “What if your father doesn’t like the security changes and giving information to the pack? You’re not Alpha just yet Dima. And if he doesn’t want to, your father doesn’t have to give you the position, you know?”