Chapter Five: Maker

Chapter Five: Maker

The moment the shattering hits my ears arms wrap around me. Kaden's, Kol's, Sebastian's, all of my guys. Including Christian's. My ears ring. I blink my eyes open a moment later. Shattered glass line the floor thickly. The wall in front of me is crushed and in a pile of dust on the ground. Standing tall is a beautiful woman.

"For your treacherous actions. You will pay." The woman' voice smooth and loud. Full of authority. Her skin is a ivory shade. Her fingers and wrists are covered. Rings and bracelets. Her eyes match my blue ones perfectly. Her hair is a wavy blonde. She wears a delicate dress that sits on her thin body perfectly. "You will all die-"

Two hands reach around. Snapping her neck in a quick flip of the wrist. The snap is loud. Sebastian's arms leave me.

"Well," The voice is quoted in a thick sugar sweet southern accent. "She was positively the biggest bore I've seen happen since the signing of the declaration of independence." She is tall. About as tall a the 'witch' that lies perfectly still at her feet. Her smirk is wide. Her eyes are a burning coal color. Switching between black and red in flashes. Her skin is pale. As pale as Sebastian's.

"Amber." Sebastian's voice is coated in surprise. "Maker." Then he speeds toward her and drops to his knees at her feet. Narrowly missing the witch's body. "I was not expecting you." His voice carries a heavy respect. I move out of the safety of my guys arms. Jealousy rears through me. Even though I can feel a wave of power radiating off of her.

"Sebastian." I warn. Wanting him away from the red head. "Who the hell are you?" I bite out. Looking at her. Her expression doesn't flicker a bit, filled with arrogance. But her eyes linger on the fire red.

"You must be Jasmine." She says the words a bit colder. Her nose just a bit higher. "Get up, sugar. I want to see how you've changed."

"It's only been a century, Amber." There is a heavy blush as Sebastian rises. His mouth twisted in a smile. He never smiles at me. "This is my beloved, Jasmine."

He stands reaching for me. The guys behind me are all stiff. Watching. I bet they can feel her power. I reach for his hand. Mostly because my jealousy is going to take over if he doesn't stop looking at her like she is the most important thing in the world.

"Really?" She raises a single perfectly styled eyebrow. I practically throttle her for just that. I can't raise one at a time. Bitch.

"Isn't she stunning?" Sebastian tells her. Immediately I feel better. His guard is completely down. He has a twinkle in his eyes. He looks over at me. Smiling big. The witch laying on the ground is not even a problem to him at the moment.

"Very." Amber licks her lips. Then her eyes flicker back over my shoulder. I look too. Seeing all my guys. Sebastian chuckles. She practically hits on me, and he laughs. I resist the urge to tear my hand from his.

"Jasmine," Sebastian says. This is Amber, my maker."

"Pleasure for you I'm sure." She says easily. Waving her hand dismissively in my direction. She holds Sebastian's eye. "How is the young Gerard? And how is Arabella and Tatia?"

"They are all good. They are actually going to be meeting Jasmine very soon. They are very excited. You know how young ones always are." He tightens his hand on mine. I he catching up with whatever this chick is? There is a witch's dead body on the floor at his feet.

"They aren't young anymore, honey. They are all over two centuries old." She giggles. Setting a hand onto his shoulder. He let's go of my hand to secure his arm around my waist.