Chapter Ten: Clean Up In Aisle 3

We were running around a grocery store. Sebastian was slightly ahead of me in this aisle and was examining a Red Bull's ingredients with a disdainful expression. Christian was right next to me trying to focus on a book that was titled 'Victors' and Their History'. Killian had disappeared with Kol once we'd gotten here.

Kaden swung a heavy arm around me. His arm heavy on my shoulders. He is the biggest of all the guys. But the size was due to considerable biceps and abs to kill. I would know. I blink away the image of his naked smooth body. How the sunlight from the opened backdoor to the pool had hit him in just the right way-

Keith catches my eye from just beyond Christian. He looks at me with a sort of unveiled adoration. Something that has me swallowing and looking away. His face stays printed behind my eyelids. His sharp jawline, his hollowed cheeks. He doesn't look nearly as starved as when I first met him. His hostility had disappeared after a couple of hours on the drive to this town.

My attention is drawn to a source of sound I can't find.

"Ma douce," My eyes search frantically for Kol. My heart catching. I wasn't hearing things? Oh.

God.

But Kol's face appears just in front of me. Through the space between ship bags.

"Hello from the other side-" He makes a sort of grunt before disappearing. I breathe out a sigh of relief.

You aren't crazy. That wasn't in your head it was real. You aren't crazy. You aren't.

"You hit like a Russian mobster." Kol grunted. Coming down the aisle. Sebastian gives them an assessing look before going back to assessing a Red Bull can. From the set of his shoulders I can tell he is listening and watching everything at once, while also simultaneously appearing disinterested.

"Thank you." Killian sounds vaguely condescending. But his russian accent drives Kol's comment home. I run my eyes over Killian's suit. It only slightly looks disarrayed from tonight's adventures. Tie loose. White button up untucked.

"Hey." He says upon seeing me, seeing him. He grants me a wink for my trouble before swinging an arm around Kol's shoulders. "Kol made an employee move an entire section of soda twelve packs for you."

I look at Kol. He looks me in the eye with a boyish smile. Any annoyance I might have had vanishes. I have seen Kol untouchable, seen him sexy, I've even seen the dimples at the bottom of his back. But boyish?

"You actually talked to someone other than us?" I ask teasingly. Kaden's body shakes with laughter beside me.

"He made Killian do it." Keith says. As always, when Keith talks it catches silence. He doesn't do it enough for it to be normal. If he says something, he feels it's important enough for everyone to know.

"Because he's a wimp." Kaden grins. Not missing a beat. I give Keith a very pointed smile before glaring at Kol and Killian.

"Kol." I say without much malice. He lip piercing isn't in and my eyes go to the hole.

"I don't like people." He says it so dramatically that the guys let loose a few chuckles.

"Sebastian hates people. He's here. Not bothering employees for a joke." Sebastian glances up at his name. Scowl in place. Then he grins, all animalistic and feral.

"Yet."

"He doesn't mean that." Killian says breezily. Then he adds to Kol, "He wouldn't let them be bothered. He'd eat them first."