Chapter Eight: Arabella and Tatia

"Buzz kill." Kol grumbles. Putting a bite of pasta in his mouth. He drags his teeth across the fork as he closes his mouth around it. His pink lips closing around the metal in slow motion. I blink away sudden thoughts of his mouth other places. Turning and walking to my spot at the head of the table.

"They eat human food like you right?" I ask Sebastian. His face tightens. His eyes flashing. His worry flushes through me.

"Vampires normally prefer smaller human meals. They can't live off of human food." Keith offers the information without looking up from his plate. I try to catch his eyes but they stay firmly on his fork. He pushes his food around, mimicking my own moves. I think back to when we both sort of battled with our eyes during our meal.

"Lover boy," I soften my tone. "I am good with meeting people. I won't embarrass you."

He flinches. Killian glares at Sebastian. "Is that what you think is going to happen?! Jasmine is beautiful, smart as hell, an Alpha." His accent curls around the word Alpha deliciously. "You're lucky to have her." He growls. "You don't fucking deserve her."

"I'm not embarrassed of her." Sebastian snaps. "You are what embarrasses me. The strongest vampire. The great mighty, Sebastian Ramsenington. Mated to the most perfect woman, but he is one of six suitors."

There is a long silence. Hurt burns my veins. Humiliation. This is an emotion that has me straightening. This is something familiar. Something I can deal with. I think about my immaturity and temper. That isn't me. I'm a grown ass woman. I know how to deal with rejection. As an actress, I know how to persevere.

"You know what this pack means to me."I tell him evenly. He looks over, his eyes the same dangerous shade of red. "We discussed this. They are apart of my life. No exception."

"They're here." Keith says. Standing. Kaden gives me a sweet smile before he walks to the door. Keith on his heels. Kol, and Killian both leave. Cursing under their breaths. Christian leaves after a moment of hesitation. I wish he wouldn't have. Without any of the guys around. I feel hollow. A small part of me is still happy with Sebastian's presence though.

"Let's get the door, lover girl." He stands. Offering a hand. Knowing his feelings on this event I decide to leave fighting to a different time.

"Sebastian!" I hear her before I see her. She's all legs and hair. Dark brown hair, dark almond eyes, and a wide mouth.

"Tatia." He regards her somewhat coldly. She doesn't look deterred. She just leaps at him. Squeezing him in a hug. Then ruffling his hair. I clench my jaw, jealous. Why is she touching him? I show off a pretty smile. Meeting her eyes. "Jasmine, this is Tatia. Tatia, this is my beloved Jasmine."

"She's shorter than I expected." She says at once. Her expression remains the same. But her nose is just an inch higher in the air.

"Nonsense. She's perfect." He turns back to look me in the eyes. His red eyes are gone. His shoulders have relaxed. We stand in the doorway, Tatia looks uncomfortable. I give Sebastian a smile and then turn to Tatia.

"Come in, Tatia. I'm sure Arabella will be here shortly." I keep my voice formal. Playing the role of nice hostess. She grimaces, though it looks like she meant to smile.

"Very shortly." This voice is delicate sounding. Coming from a petite brunette. She has blue eyes, they are flecked with red. Just like Gerard's were. Her hair is a dark brown almost black. Her skin paler than Sebastian's. She is shorter than me even. But her heels have her a couple inches taller than me.