Chapter 1: Our Destiny

Dear Diary,

So yesterday some gray unicorn with a white beard came across Celestia (Tia) and I in our hideaway in the Everfree forest. He said he found us and that we were very special because we are alicorns.I don't really know what an alicorn is but I guess I'm one. Next, he told us his name, Starswirl and that he was going to take us to a big city. We followed him to a trail and we walked down it for the whole night. When we got to the big city, it was as if everything stopped. Everyone was looking at us and gasping. Then, the whole metropolis erupted into joyful shouts and screams. I guess because we are this so called alicorn thing.  He took us to this amazing castle and gave Tia and I our very rooms. He said we are going to play a very special part in the so called city of Canterlot and all of Equestria. 

Love, Luna

 "Lulu! Where are you?", a young white alicorn with glossy pink hair trotted into the room

Luna shut her diary and threw her pen down on the table

Luna shut her diary and threw her pen down on the table. The little purple alicorn turned around and pushed blue locks of hair out of her face and spoke. 

"Tia, I'm having my alone time. GET OUT! And NEVER call me Lulu" The lilac filly's aqua eyes glittered with annoyance.

 "Well, Mr. Starswirl said he needs us in the library." Tia smirked, knowing she had won. 

"Fine, whatever. You win you pushy big sis." Luna rolled her eyes. 

"Haha! NA NA NANA NA!", Tia exclaimed in a sing song voice, "Now hurry up. Mr. Starswirl said it is very, very important"

"Ugh, sometimes I think I'm the bigger sister.", The thirteen-year-old filly stood up, fluffed her wings, and fixed her periwinkle mane. Tia trotted through the elaborate castle door and Luna quickly followed. They cantered through the golden hallways and corridors until the two sisters reached the library. The two alicorns walked through the doors and saw Starswirl sitting at a table with three other regal looking unicorns. They sat Tia and Luna down. 

Star swirl began to speak

Star swirl began to speak. "Do you know why you haven't gotten your cutie marks?"

"What is a cutie mark?" , Tia asked, head tilted in confusion. 

"Can you tell them, Diamond Shard?" Star swirl said to a light purple unicorn with sky blue and cyan hair. 

"Sure!", The peppy unicorn replied, eyes shining with excitement

"Sure!", The peppy unicorn replied, eyes shining with excitement. "So, a cutie mark is an image that appears on you flank around the ages of eight and nine. See?" Diamond showed the fillies her cutie mark. It consisted of a blue crystal and golden details. "These marks symbolize your very special talent and what you love do. But, you two are thirteen and sixteen and you still haven't received your own marks..."

"And we think this has something to do with the fact that you are alicorns" , Starswirl said, cutting off Diamond Shard. "You see, alicorns are very special creatures. You two are a mix of earth ponies, unicorns and pegasi. Look at yourselves. You both have wings, horns, and the strength of all the types. Your talents mean something more than just a favorite hobby. Because of this, we want you two mares to rule Equestria."

'RULE EQUESTRIA!!" ,Tia and Luna screamed.

"But we are only orphans with no experience!", Celestia piped. 

"Yes, but because you represent all types of ponies, we thought you would be the best choice. If we chose one type of pony, feelings of racism could come across. Nopony else is an alicorn so you two are perfect. Celestia, you would be the ruler of the day and the raiser of the sun. This means you would watch over Equestria during the day. And Luna, you would be the ruler of the night and the bringer of the moon. You would watch over the night.", Starswirl explained.

Another unicorn with a yellow coat, orange ombre hair, and a sparkling light ray cutie mark piped up and said in a monotone voice, "Do you except?" 

Tia and Luna looked at each other, nodded and said in unison, "We except." All four other unicorns smiled. The fourth unicorn stood up. She had a purple coat, much like Luna's, with a dark blue and lavender mane. "Great! Your training begins tomorrow." All four ponies walked out the door, chattering about plans for their future rulers.