Chapter 9 : Getting Ready

Nova burst into Luna's room. "TODAY IS THE DAY! GET READY TO BE A PRINCESS!!" 

"Wh..what?", Luna opened her eyes slowly. Tears where still hot in her eyes. 

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Y..yeah I'm fine.", The young lilac mare smiled weakly.

"Okay....", Nova frowned a little but quickly regained her sweet smile. "Now hurry up! We got to get you ready!" Luna reluctantly rolled out of her warm bed. She missed the feeling of sleeping during the night. They had finally let her sleep through the night but of course it had to be on the day that she had to get up early. Now she had to raise the moon. Since the moon incident, Luna had gotten much better at controlling the moon. She could bring forth and end the night without even breaking a sweat. 

Luna didn't want to go to the coronation. She had to be next to her bratty sister for the entire day. Ugh! And Luna knew that the ponies would love her sister more. She was prettier, smarter, kinder, nicer, happier, and just a better pony in all. 

Nova tugged at Luna's hair. "Ouch!", Luna quickly pulled her hair away.

"Aw Luna, you made me mess up! The up-do was almost complete!", Nova frowned and began to tease up Luna's hair again. 

Luna winced in pain, "Owwwwwwwww, Are you done yet?!"

"I would be if you didn't move!" Nova shot back jokingly as she finished up weaving small purple crystals into Luna's pale blue mane. "Okay! Done! Now get ready to lower the moon in front of all your adoring subjects!" 

Luna thought to herself, "Ha, what adoring subjects. They all adore Tia..." 

Nova cocked her head a little, noticing Luna's glassed over eyes and spaced out look , "So, are you ready??"

Luna jolted back to reality, "Y..yeah!"

"Ok! Great!", Nova smiled.