Chapter 16

With the luck I have, of course I have to see Aiden the next day. He texted us all in our group chat saying that we could go to his house and just chill on the couch for a while.

I'm the last one to show up. I didn't want to be the first one to show up or else things would have gotten awkward.

We all sit on the couches. Luke and Jackie sit next to each other on the couch that faces the television. I give Luke a funny look, but he just glares back at me. I silently laugh to myself.

Josh sits on the ground in between Luke's and Jackie's legs. He just enjoys himself as he watches the movie. He eats popcorn and laughs when no one else does.

Aiden sits on a small couch that semi faces me and semi towards the tv. He involves himself fully into his phone. He doesn't pay attention to his friends, nor the movie, which he should be doing.

I think back to last night. I nearly got myself completely drunk. When I woke this morning, a massive headache greeted me, and after I ate, the nausea kicked in. This isn't me...I've never done anything so terrible in my life.

And Aiden...I know I acted like a jerk to him, but so did he to me. Where things were going with Jarren was not a proud moment of my life, but beating Jarren up for that? That is ridiculous right there. It makes me think that maybe something happened in the past between the two.

And I don't know why I felt this way, but that one night I slept in Aiden's bed, I felt like we had something going on. Something a little more than just friends, but now...I'm not sure of what we are. I don't know why we have so many arguments.

My phone buzzes. I'm shocked to see who texted me. It's Aiden, and he told me that he is surprised I haven't taken a picture of him yet because I've been staring at him for the past twenty minutes.

I tell him if he wants to talk to me it can't be through a text.

"So what did you do with Jarren last night?" Aiden says all of the sudden while slouching in his chair.

"I talked to him. Got a problem with it?" I respond, not wanting to tell the others what I did with him.

"Did you do it?" he asks. My jaw drops. Everyone stares at Aiden, dumbfounded.

"Aiden, you seriously think she would do that?" Jackie says.

"No, I don't, but I did see her dress on the floor last night with Jarren in the room, and then I did walk into the room to find them doing something pretty nasty," Aiden says.

"My dress was wet after being in the pool, so he gave me clothes to change in," I say clearly annoyed. "And he gave me a drink. So what if I was a little tipsy?"

"Yeah, okay." He rolls his eyes, but he doesn't have room to talk.

"You shouldn't be talking considering you told me that you don't hook up with girls or get drunk anymore."

"I don't."

"Then how come I saw you making out with a girl? How come I saw you drinking a bottle of alcohol?" I fire back.

"Because I felt like it!" His hands clench into fists like he does when he's annoyed.

"Then don't get mad at me for talking to Jarren!"

"Bullshit. You did more than just talk to him."

"Well why would you barge in on us and start hitting him?" I demand. "You could've easily just told me that he was taking advantage of me, and I would have come to my senses!"