First Convo.

You couldn't get that stupid orange-haired hooligan out of your head. It irritated you to the bone so much that you would have to cancel plans with your friends to get some sleep that you lost over the next few days. His eyes drove you crazy while his smile sent warmth through your body. It was pleasant but resulted in insomnia.

Little did you know, you did the same to him. Your [H/L] locks swaying behind you as you walked, [H/C] clashing with the sunlight for a mirage of colors. Your [E/C] orbs that refused to lock with him. When they did meet, you'd blush and turn away. Did you not realize how cute you looked when you blushed?

The both of you turned and tussled in bed, refusing to sleep because you had the other in your mind. You two wished you would get over yourselves and just start a conversation. Looks were enough. You would have to do something about it tomorrow. With that in mind, the two of you closed your eyes and finally drifted to sleep.

x.x.x

It was Monday, a day you came to dread. That morning, you wrote down a list of topics to talk about with Ichigo. Your older brother walked in on you freaking out before placing a hand on your head. "Just be yourself. I'm sure he likes you for you, so just go with the flow."

"Go with the flow. Yeah, right. Nice try, brother." You mumbled as the object of your admiration stepped into class with his obnoxious friend Keigo Asano, who was crying about how Ichigo didn't love him or whatever. It was rather entertaining.

But, of course, all good things come to an end as he headed to your desk with Chad and Uryu by his side. It was just you and Orihime that morning because Renji and Rukia were going to go out before class started. Lucky them.

Before you wallow in depression, several voices brought you back to reality. Orihime greeted everyone, taking her time with Ichigo, before talking about something completely random and irrelevant. It seemed she couldn't really keep her cool around Ichigo either.

"[Y/N]." A familiar voice rose above the chatter and you suddenly found yourself swimming in pools of chestnut. "How are you feeling this morning? We don't normally talk, but a change sounds pretty nice right about now."

You could not believe your eardrums. Ichigo Kurosaki wanted to talk to you. You quickly picked the jaw that dropped to the floor before clearing your throat and giving your response. "I'm fine, Kurosaki. Thank you for ask--"

"That's not my name." What?
"Yes, it is."
"It's Ichigo. I-chi-go." Really?
"I'm calling you Kurosaki. Ku-ro-sa-ki."
"That's not very nice, [Y/N]." A tick mark formed on your forehead before you calmed yourself down.

As the two of you bickered back and forth, a familiar jealousy began to rise in Orihime. It was just like with Rukia. She didn't know how far their relationship went as far as partners and she was usually the one who wasn't able to motivate him the way she did. Now, [Y/N] was beginning to get a rise out of Ichigo too? How unfair.

The two of you argued over his name for the remainder of the morning, the bell effectively separating the two of you. When his back was turned, you stuck your tongue out at him like a child before turning away and looking out the window. So much for your first conversation and those stupid topics you wrote down.

x.x.x

Orihime had somewhere to be and Rukia was nowhere to be found with Renji, so you just decided to walk home by yourself. You had left the school a little later because of anime club meetings and one of your upperclassmen asking you to do a favor for him.

You let a sigh as you dragged your drained body down the street. Buildings blurred and merged together while cars rushed past you. You were used to being this tired on Mondays after anime club, but you usually walked with someone to make sure you were getting home safe.

A hand shot out and gripped your wrist just as you were about to step into a busy street. "Whoa there, princess. Take another step and you'll be headed to the Soul Society in no time." Thank goodness you hadn't heard him, but he became worried from the lack of sarcastic response. "You okay?"

You looked up at the orange-haired boy before jerking your fist back. You were wide awake now since you almost got hit by a car and your developing crush was standing right in front of you. A frown and light blush began to overtake your face before you turned away and began walking down the street. "I'm fine."

To your luck dismay, he was right behind you with a smirk on his face. You loved and hated that smirk. "Alright, [Y/N]. Whatever you say." He looked down at your petite form before placing a hand on your head. "What's better: Coke or Pepsi?"

What kind of dumb question was that? "Coke, obviously." Where was he going with this?

"Alright, but what about Coke or Dr. Pepper?" He raised a single orange eyebrow, hoping you'd choose the right answer. Everyone knows that the soda that was better was...

"Dr. Pepper. Duh." A small smirk rose upon your lips. That's when you realized this was his way of getting to know you. How fun. Sly but fun.

You continued this game of this or that before you stopped in front of your awaiting home. You weren't going to admit it out loud, but you had fun with the strawberry. You found out more information than needed, but it would prove useful next time you two had a conversation. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow."

He was discouraged due to his game being over before nodding and rubbing the back of his neck. "Yeah, see ya tomorrow [Y/N]."

You turned into the house before stopping at your door and biting your lip. Oh well. Might as well risk it. You turned in time to see him stepping away from your house. "Goodnight... Ichigo."

The smile that spread across the carrot top was too bright but you loved it either way. "Goodnight, [Y/N]."