Final Confrontation.

Have you ever had that feeling of knowing when shit is about to go downhill and you're not going to like it? This was that exact moment.

The energy of the hallway completely froze as you, Rukia, and Ichigo stared into the anger-laced eyes of Orihime Inoue. She had her hands tightly curled into fists and she was visibly shaking. This was the last straw.

"Yeah, that's right. I did it. I got [Y/N] attacked and I kissed Ichigo on purpose, so she could dump him. I did it all for the sake of you, Ichigo!" She stomped over to you and grabbed your collar, angry tears nearly spilling over her eyes. She thought she had won, but in the very end, she lost to [Y/N].

"Orihime, let [Y/N] go right now. If you want to get angry at anyone, get angry at me." Ichigo placed his large hands on top of hers, hoping that somewhere in her twisted heart, she'd listen to him so they can talk it all out. He could feel how angry she was by the way she trembled under his hands.

You looked at your former friend before biting your lip. You never spoke out against anyone for anything and that's how anyone could just walk over you. No more. "No more." You stood up straight before grabbing her collar and pulling her close. "No more, Orihime! No more! I'm done and so are you, so let me go!"

Everyone gathered in the hall was in pure shock, including Ichigo and Rukia. You never screamed at anyone before. You never got angry at anyone before. No one could move as you screamed in Orihime's face, your hands trembling and furious tears rushing down your face.

"I'm sorry that I hurt you. I'm sorry that our friendship ended the way it did. But, I love Ichigo and he loves me! Why can't you just accept it? I didn't mean for it to happen, but it did and I don't regret it not one bit! If you were really my friend, you'd be happy for me!" You shook her back and forth, truing to make sense of it all.

All you really wanted was your friend Orihime back.

"Me, your friend? Please! You've never been my friend! Yeah, you provided company, but I never thought of you as a friend!" She pushed you back into the wall behind you, her hand reeling back for a pretty painful slap. "If you were my so-called friend, you'd break up with Ichigo so I can be happy!"

Before her hand could even reach your face, you blocked your face as quickly as possible with one hand and back-slapped her with the other. "Life isn't gonna go your way all the damn time! I'm done letting you use me!" You pushed her back as she stumbled on her feet and fell flat on her butt, holding her stinging red cheek. "I'm putting my foot down, Orihime. You're done." Straightening out your uniform, you walked into class, Ichigo following closely behind.

"[Y/N]." You stopped as you put your briefcase down and slowly turned to meet Rukia's shameful eyes as she raced over to you. "I'm sorry for abandoning you when all you needed was a friend. Can you ever forgive me?" You couldn't hate Rukia even if she begged on her hands and knees.

"I forgive you, Rukia. You have to pay me back with mochi ice cream after-school today though." You gave the quietly sobbing girl a tight hug before sitting down in the desk beside Ichigo's. You'd ask the student if he could switch seats with you later. Right now, you just needed to calm down so you could get on with your day.

Ichigo reached over and planted a soft kiss on your forehead, squeezing your hand and giving you a smile that also gave you strength and courage. "I'm proud of you, [Y/N]."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three weeks passed after that day and you were going strong with Ichigo. Everyone had finally begun to accept your relationship with the orange-haired ruffian and you couldn't have been happier.

Orihime completely cut you and Rukia off, never giving either other of you the time of day. That was fine with you. The less involved she was in your life, the better. You were walking down the hall with Rukia, having a wild conversation about hot cyborgs and bald superheroes when something caught your attention.

Your locker, usually pale blue in color like the rest of the school's lockers had a small piece of folded paper sticking out of it. You reached up and read over the quick note before breaking into a smile and racing off towards the roof. "Hey! [Y/N]! Where are ya going?!" You merely waved the paper in response before taking off up the stairs.

Swinging the roof door, you dropped your briefcase only to leap into the arms of your lover. Ichigo swung you around and around until he slipped over his own two feet and landed on his back. You two laughed as you laid on the roof, limbs entangled with each other.

After a few moments of silence and cuddling, Ichigo hugged you tighter before looking down at the courtyard. "Grimmjow got arrested for criminal involvement and Orihime got expelled for physical assault and endangering the school. It'll be on her record forever. I'm so sorry for not protecting you that day..."

To hear the two students that made half of your school absolutely be gone forever brought tears to your eyes. You didn't think Ichigo would go that far just for your safety. He really did love you, huh? You snuggled closer to your love before reveling in the peaceful silence.

It didn't last long since the bell for lunch rang and Rukia, Chad, Uryu, and Renji were on the rooftop faster than the speed of light. "Oh, [Y/N], Ichigo! This is where you disappeared to! Warn a person before you take off like that!" Rukia sat in front of you two with her bento halfway open, the smell of its delicious contents awakening your hunger.

"I forgot my bento." You pouted as you stood up, about to venture back downstairs for your lunch when Ichigo pulled you down onto his lap. "Hey! Ichigo! I'm hungry!" He held you down with one arm and pulled out two bento boxes from behind his back. How long was that there and how did you not notice it?

"My sister wanted to make you breakfast that'll give you lots of strength throughout the day, so here. You can eat your bento later." He could see how happy your eyes lit up by the presence of food before unwrapping the boxes and opening them both.

Never has he ever seen a girl dig into her food so fast before because you grabbed the chopsticks and went IN on that poor bento. The group turned into a lively one with playful fighting, loud talking, and lots of love to go around.

This is what you wanted and you hoped this happiness would last forever. Well, of course, it will because you have your friends and your dear boyfriend Ichigo to always be by your side.