Father To Be

Rating- PG, it's pretty fluffy :)

Tease- Emma is pregnant, and has to babysit her little brother, although she's exhausted. Killian offers to watch the boy to try and ready himself for fatherhood. Enjoy!

- - - - -

"I can look after the lad Emma," Killian offered to Emma who was complaining about having to watch her little brother for the night. It wasn't that she didn't love her brother, she did, and it wasn't that he was an annoyance, he wasn't, it's just she was so tired. She had watched over Neal many times before, she normally actually had fun with his toddler energy. This time was different. Now Emma was almost 7 and a half months pregnant, and everything seemed like a chore this far along.

"No, it's ok, you don't have to. I can handle it."

"No really Emma, it will be good for me don't you think? Get a little practice in before our little one arrives." He insisted, while gently holding his hand on her bump. He had actually never babysat anyone before. Between growing up the youngest, and being sold into servitude, babysitting was never presented to him. Kids were still a slight mystery, but he wasn't going to let Emma know that. He definitely needed the practice. It was all becoming real now that Emma was so far along, he was going to be a father, and he had to get ready for that.

"I guess it couldn't hurt," Emma said biting her lip. Killian leaned in, and gently left a kiss on her cheek.

"Alright now you go relax, and I'll go watch the lad." Killian said as he got his jacket on to head over to the Charming's apartment where he would be watching Neal.

"Are you sure you don't mind watching Neal? He can be kind of a handful, terrible twos," Emma said giving him a final chance to back out, but he didn't take it. He knew he should get the experience. How hard can two year old be anyway? He's only two... he thought.

"I love you Swan," he said before leaving.

"I love you too. Just call if you need anything," she called out to him while he closed the door.

~ ~ ~

The Charming's were saying goodbye to their son. They were all dressed up for the anniversary dinner they had that night. Neal had always been a happy kid, and was normally pretty calm when his parents left.

"I love you sweetie," Mary Margaret said to Neal, kissing his forehead. Neal had grown into quite the cute kid, bright blonde hair, and ice blue eyes. Although he was primarily a happy tot, he did have a pretty convincing pout where he'd press his little lips together, and widen his eyes. Luckily for them all, he wasn't pouting, but excited to play with Killian instead.

"Thanks again, I know Emma must be pretty wiped right now, 7 months is a tiring time," Mary Margaret thanks.

"She definitely is, I'm just happy to help out, and spend a little time with my brother in law," Killian smiled, and the couple left the apartment. Now it was just Killian and Neal.

Neal immediately ran to the living room, and grabbed some blocks. Killian watched as Neal contently built structures. See, this isn't so bad. You can do this with your own Jones. He thought to himself.

All of a sudden Neal stood up, and threw the blocks on the floor in a toddler rampage.

"Hey, hey gentle Neal," Killian said, and bent down to retrieve some of the blocks that had went flying across the room. As he was knelt down, Neal ran up to him, and jumped on his back.

"Hahaha," Neal laughed with his high pithed voice.

"Um wow ok," Killian mumbled to himself unsure what do to, how to deal with someone so young. He started to stand up, and Neal latched himself around Killian's neck. Neal's legs were so small that they didn't wrap around Killian's waist so he just dangled. "Bloody hell..." he sighed, and thought quickly. He walked over to the couch, and pried Neal's hand from around his neck, making him fall to the couch, and even bounce a bit. Neal squealed with excitement. He started jumping on the couch. "No no no," Killian said, and swiftly swept him up and put him on the floor. Ok, he's just a little active. It's going fine. He thought to himself as he ran his fingers through his hair.