Father's Blessing

Rating- PG

Tease- Killian asks Charming for his blessing to marry Emma

- - - - -

David lets himself into Emma's house like he does most mornings he picks her up for work. He's fully aware that the house was not only Emma's but Hook's also, he just really didn't like to think it. He didn't like to think about all the extra alone time they had because of it, and all that they could be getting up to with that time.

David shakes the thought out of his head, and closes the front door behind him. When he looks to the kitchen he sighs heavily. Where Emma is normally sitting drinking a coffee waiting for his arrival, instead was Killian sitting with two glasses of rum in front of him.

"Hook," David acknowledges him. "What's this? Why isn't Emma ready for work?" David ask as he takes a few steps forward.

"Good morning to you too," Killian jokes. David doesn't seem too impressed. "Emma's still asleep, I got rid of that device that wakes her up every damn morning."

"Her alarm clock? Why get rid of her alarm clock?" David asks confused, then puts his hands up and shakes his head. "You know what, I don't need to know. I'll go wake her up myself," he starts walking off, but Killian is quickly in front of David blocking his way. "Ok, what's going on?"

"I took it so that Emma wouldn't wake up mate. I actually have something to discuss with you first," Killian gestures for him to sit down. Charming's fist clenches, but he takes a seat.

"Fine, what is it?" Killian slides a glass over to David. "Well this can't be good." He sighs.

"I'm not quite sure how to do this, but starting with rum never hurts," Killian states as he downs his own glass. David doesn't take a drink, it's only 9 am.

"Out with it pirate," David demands. Hook circles the rim of the glass with his finger trying to think of the right words. He had a whole speech prepared, but now he couldn't remember a word of it.

"Emma... she's... so amazing," Killian stumbles. Who knew this would be so nerve wracking for him.

"She is," David's tone is clipped.

"Well... we've been together for some time now," Killian tries to find the right words.

"Not that long," David counters quickly, sensing where the conversation is going. "Less than a year, and you've only known each other for 2."

"Aye, but we've been through a lot. We've been back in time, gone through life and death. We're true love..." Killian reminds him.

"Says a silly test that Hades could have manipulated," David points out. Hook sighs.

"Even if so, I don't need some silly test to tell me how much I love Emma; how much I love your daughter. She's my true love, I knew that before we ever found the ambrosia," Hooke defends, a bit insulted that David still didn't quite believe he truly loved Emma. "When I got back from the underworld I bought a ring." Killian takes the small velvet box out of his jacket pocket, and places it open on the table. The diamond shines in light.

"I knew I should have just waited for Emma in the car this morning," David mumbles to himself.

"I'd like to propose, and plan to soon, but before I do I want your blessing. Family is so important to Emma, she didn't have one for so long, and now you're such a big part of her life. It's important that I have your blessing David. So what do you say?" Killian asks with a smirk.

"I say that normally 9 in the morning is too early to have a drink, but it's 5 o'clock somewhere," David says as he downs the rum.

"5 o'clock?" Killian repeats confused.

"Don't worry about it," David dismisses it. "It is a nice ring," he admires.

"I wasn't sure what she'd like, she's not really the jewelry type except for that one necklace she wears."

"I said the same thing to Snow you know, but in the end I just knew that my mother's ring was perfect on her. Emma won't care about the ring, but you chose well either way."

"Is that a yes then?" Killian tries to get back on track. David leans his forearms on the table and stares at Hook.

"Marriage is hard Hook. Just remember these three things. Treat her like the princess she is. Never go to bed angry. And finally, if you break her heart, I'll kill you myself. Do you understand?" David's face was deadpan, completely unreadable.

"Aye." David lightens up a bit, and sits back in his chair with a smile. "Is that a yes?" Killian asks again.

"Yes," Emma says quietly to herself from the staircase. She heard their whole conversation from where she stood. She silently walks back up the stairs with the biggest smile on her face. "Yes, I'll marry you," she whispers to herself again.