Struggling Apart

Rating- PG

Tease- captainswan Emma feels like Killian isn't ever around for her anymore, they barely talk anymore in fact.

Ps- this is pretty long, almost 3000 words so get comfy!

- - -

Emma woke up to an empty bed. Again. This seemed to happen all the time these days. She missed waking up to her dashingly handsome pirate. Of course he couldn't miss it nearly as much as she did considering he was the one who kept leaving her in bed alone.

She sighed and rolled out of bed to begin getting ready for the day. She had work at the station in about an hour, which gave her just enough time to take a shower, do her hair, and to grab a coffee at granny's on her way.

As she striped down for her shower Emma glanced at her form in the mirror. She swore she hadn't gained much- if any- weight. Her hair was tussled from sleep but still full and flattering, she thought to herself. Her teeth were still pearly white, and her face showed no sign of aging. Her body was just as delectable as when she had first slept with Killian. That couldn't be why he seemed not to be interested in having sex for the past few months. It couldn't be... right? Emma questioned before shaking her head sadly and stepping into her shower.

She hated the way she had to question everything she did nowadays. Killian refused to communicate whatever he was feeling, therefore Emma had no idea what was wrong. At first she thought it had something to do with moving in together. She asked him about it, and he just got upset that she would even suggest such a thing. He said he loved being with her. A few weeks later she figured he must have felt bored not having much to do during the day since he didn't have a job, and was left in the house alone from 9-5. So she offered to help him find a job, even going as far as talking David into offering him a job at the station. Killian agreed, taking the job, but nothing changed in him. He was still distant. Too distant for Emma's liking. He had started getting up really early in the morning, or coming home very late at night 3 weeks ago. Emma had tried to give him the space he obviously needed, but it was getting to be too much for her. This wasn't a marriage- not one she wanted to be a part of.

Once Emma was done curling her hair she locked the door behind herself and drove off to Granny's for her daily fix. Normally Granny had her coffee already ready when she walks in, but today the diner was packed. The coffee line was almost out the door. Strange, but Emma just shrugged her shoulders. At least granny was getting good business. Emma hated to think of a world without that place. The line, even though long, moved quickly enough.

"Woah. I've never seen this place so packed," she heard a masculine voice behind her in line. "Good for Granny." Emma turned to put a face to the voice.

"Hopefully it doesn't get much busier than this. Would hate to have to wait in a line as long and slow as Starbucks," Emma added, then held her hand out to the stranger. "I'm Emma, Emma Swan; one of the sheriffs," she introduced herself. She really couldn't think of a time where she has seen him around. He had shaggy blonde hair, blue eyes and blonde stubble along his cheeks. Emma knew she would have remembered seeing this man around.

"I'm Chase," he answered, shaking her hand firmly, but carefully at the same time. It's a strange combination, but not a bad one. "What's the lovely sheriff doing waiting in line for a coffee? I assumed that being the 'saviour' came with some basic perks at least," he joked lightly. Emma couldn't help but notice his light smile as well. He was sweet.

"You'd think," she agreed, laughing along with him. "But I really don't mind waiting. We're almost at the front already," Emma added. They only have a few people in front of them now.