Chapter 3

I layed in my bed, a sweaty mess, we had told our families about the whole 'We got robbed' lie and they bought it. I was in a half asleep state, reason being that everytime I'd finally fall asleep I was haunted by the image of the people in the house. I was awoken out of my state by a man calling my name,it was my father. Usually my mom was the one to wake me up which ment he was calling me for something important. I would be lying if I said he's call didn't almost give me a heart attack,I stumbled out of my bed grabbing my aching head.

I walked out of my room to my father who was standing in the tv room staring at the tv which was paused. He was dressed for work with a cup of coffee in one hand and the tv remote in another. "Look" he ordered pointing at the tv. My stomach sank when I saw what was on, it was the news. A smartly dressed lady starred at the camera,in the corner was a picture of the house Zahara and I had barely escaped the day before.

My father unpaused the tv and the women began to speak. "Yesterday police found the bodies of students Lamar Johnson, Mason Adama and Paxton o Neil inside the old crack house on reece street. They were brutally murdered and police also found cocaine at the crime scene, police believe they were in the house doing drugs before they were killed. Besides a symbol on the wall police found no further evidence even after combing the whole house and yard there was absolutely nothing. More on the story at 6"

I just looked at the tv,shocked. My mind couldn't really process the events that were taking place. Why was this happening to me of all people, this was something that usually happened to someone way more interesting then I. This was some shit straight out of a freaking movie. "I just wanted you to know that people from your school were killed. So You need to be careful it's not safe in the streets." My father said finally looking at me "You look tired" he said again handing me his cup of coffee.

True I didn't really like coffee but there were days when I just needed to indulge in some. "It seems Zahara and I were not the only ones who got attacked yesterday" I mumbled. "Yes, except you two got lucky" he said sternly he then grabbed his belongings for work then left locking the door behind him. My blood had run cold at his words, I could feel the sick in my throat. He didn't know how lucky we actually were.

Drinking the remainder of the coffee I'd put the cup into the sink in the kitchen and gotten ready for school. I didn't bother ironing my white shirt or my  grey pants. I lazily pulled my hair back and tied it with the bracelet/hair band I always wore around my wrist, the bracelet I'd stolen from Ramin,my first love now he was just a stranger,not even bothering to brush my hair. I looked like hell but I felt that way too so I didn't really care. I put on my black jersey seeing as my blazor was covered in dust.

I at least had someone to take me to school in the morning even if he was a perverted, ugly, old, bitch of a man, it beat walking especially today. When I had gotten to school I walked straight to the quad where Zahara liked to chill. As soon as I spotted her she looked as hellish as I did. She wore grey pants just like I did, she wore a black pullover and a unironed shirt which was untidily untucked from her pants. Half her hair was lazily tied back but the other half was hanging limply beside her face.

Her eyes were red with dark circles around them as if she had been crying instead of sleeping last night. She was surrounded by people consoling her, giving their best wishes to her and her now dead boyfriends family. Zahara turned and noticed me standing in the distance,she ran up to me immediately, leaving the people to scatter. "Did you see?" She asked me "Yeah" I answered sheepishly. I was unfocused my gaze fell to the distance my brain felt like it was shutting down all my systems. "So you know they didn't find our bags,we're safe!" She said in relief laughing a bit at the end.

My blank expression hardened, I looked at her. Was she really being so naive right now, I swear she could be such a smart fast thinking person but she needed to get the stupid out of her system first before she could think straight. "Ya they didn't, but then who did?" I asked harshly. "Probably some hobo" Zahara answered shrugging. I grabbed Zaharas upper arms and looked her in her eyes "Nobody in their right mind would go into that yard!" I pointed out.

"We did, how do you think we-" she tried to protest but I cut her off "The only reason we went in there is because your retarded boyfriend was stupid enough to hang there and now look what happened! He's dead! And we could have been too because of your forceful baby ass ways" I yelled at her, I pushed her away still frowning. We stood in silence I hid my face in my hands"You didn't sleep last night did you ?" She asked me softly.

I still had my face in my hands, I just nod my head in response. "Yeah me Neither" she whispered moving next to me. "But who would take our bags then?" She asked innocently. I moved my hands away lazily hitting my thighs, I gave Zahara a look my eyebrows raised. It was as if the wheels in her head finally started turning because her eyes widened to the size of saucers as she looked at me. "Dude our ID's were in our bags! The killer knows who we are now!" I whispered, my voice had a slightly audible shake to it. I still kept my poker face,i wasn't going to show weakness by crying or some shit like that.

"The killer might know who we are but that's it! He doesn't know where we are and that's important we're fine as long as we're careful" Zahara explained. After a moment of thinking I finally replied "I suppose you're right" I said calmly. We both started walking to the first class of the day,which we had together "Geez you're such a fucking jerk when you don't get sleep" Zahara said punching my upper arm. We both started laughing as we entered the classroom "Hey sleep helps me hold in the jerk that's why I need to get as much as I can get" I explained pulling my chair out and taking a seat.

Zahara didn't sit down she just stood by her desk,I gave her a confused look. "Come with me to the bathroom please" she begged "Ug bro you know I don't like going to these bathrooms" I complained. "You'll get over it" she said lazily walking to the teacher and fetching the bathroom keys. I stood up and followed her out the door and down a set of stairs,the bathroom wasn't too far from our class. We came to a hult in front of the bathroom door and she unlocked it "I'm staying out here, you do what you gotta do" I told her "But!" She protested "Do I have to hold your hand while you pee?" I asked her.

She took her defeat and walked into the bathroom closing the door behind her leaving me alone in the empty halls. I leaned against the wall and looked in the closest classroom at the learners, they looked like they were a quarter to asleep. I laughed at how bored they looked until a scream erupted from the bathroom, it was Zahara.  I nearly slid off the wall at the fright I had, I grabbed the handle of the bathroom door and swung it open running inside.

Zahara layed on the floor looking at the window, I directed my gaze to where she was looking and saw a boy. He wore a stripped jersey with a hood up, baggy blue pants and what looked like a pair of black high top allstars. He had brown shaggy hair and orange goggles that hid his eyes he also had on a mouth guard, in each hand was a hatchet covered in what looked like dried blood. He was jumping out the window not seeing me staring at him, as he disappeared from the scene. My eyes snapped back to Zahara who was trembling on the floor,I ran over to her and slid onto my knees when I reached her.

Before I could even say anything a female teacher and about six male students burts into the bathroom all coming to see what the commotion was about. "What's wrong what happened?" The teacher asked frantically. "Nothing I just had a panic attack I just found out my boyfriend was murdered" Zahara quickly replied. I looked at Zahara, was she really going to keep up the lie when the murderer was now after us? But not just any murderer I knew exactly who he was, which means were absolutely, positivly, skewed...