Chapter 5

After that incident I'd gone completely mute, the police came and tried to question me but I couldn't speak. They asked me if I knew what happened Zahara,who killed her but I just shook my head it's all I could do. I stopped eating,showering and I would barely get any sleep. Honestly I wished Toby had killed me but he didn't and that's what baffled me.

About three nights after my encounter with Toby, I was laying in my bed in the dark basically just breathing at that point when I heard foot steps in my room again. I bolted up to see Toby standing at the foot of bed. He just stood there looking at me, I waited patiently for him to jump over the bed and kill me mercilessly but no he just stood there.

I watched him just look at me and he did the same,standing in silence the only sound would be the crack of his neck every now and then but that was it then just as the sun was about to rise he left again exiting through the window.

It was like that for the next three nights, he would just stand and look at me. Every now and then he would sit on the bed or move the chair from the desk to the foot of the bed and sit there but he would always go back to watching me then he would leave again. After those three nights he just never back.

It had been a week since Toby last visited me and two weeks since Zaharas death and today was her funeral. Even though Zahara and I had left on bad terms,she was still my friend and I still had to attand her funeral. I'd gotten out of bed and taken a long shower because it was my first one in two weeks. I washed my hair and brushed my teeth.

I got dressed into a black long sleeve slim fit dress, I wore my black high top allstars and left my hair loose. Honestly I hated funerals actually I hated all things sad I usually just avoided them,I hate the weird uncomfortable feeling I'd always get. The other reason I hated funerals so much were the graveyards. Yes I know there are probably thousands of ghosts there and I'm into that, its just the thought of so many corpses rotting beneath my feet.

Not to mention the recurring dream of falling into a grave and being buried alive. Non of that mattered though, I had to pay my respects to one of the only 'friends' I actually liked. So my dad drove me to the funeral where Zaharas mother and two sisters, something we both had in common, were all in tears,heartbroken.

The funural was long and sad but one thing I noticed is how much friends Zahara actually had,which made me question why she preferred spending so much time with me. All her friends were sobbing as the coffin was lowered into the ground,I stood far away shuddering. It broke my heart watching my beloved friend being lowerd into the ground but alas there was nothing I could do about it.

"(Y/n)?" A very annoying voice called from the crowd, it was Cameron. She was one of Zaharas close friends but she was annoying as hell,I could never understand how Zahara could stand being around her but then again Zahara was such a nice person. Cameron walked over to me, her hair was light brown with blond highlights. She wore a dress so short and so tight I swear I could see her internal organs she also wore six inch heels that she could barely walk in and to top it all off she wore extremely red lipstick.

She waddled over to me wearing that shit-eating smile of hers "(Y/n/n)! Why haven't you been at school?!" She screeched. I just wanted to tell her to fuck off actually I wanted to tell her to fuck off everytime I saw her but Zahara would give me the eyes and I would fold and pretend to be nice to her for Zaharas sake. I was about to do the same today out of respect for my now dead friend.

"I needed to check out for a bit,you know" I answered her softly. "Ya I was so sad when I heard the news, first lazer and now Zee! Who could be doing this?" She asked looking in the direction of the mourners. My body went stiff when she asked that,I cleared my throat and answered "I don't know"

"Piece of sh- What happened to your collarbone?" She asked. It took me a good ten seconds to realize that she was talking about the T shaped scar Toby had left on me. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked away "Nothing!" I huffed trying to cover it with the fabric of my dress. "Well I know you're going to be alone at break now so I just wanted you to know that your welcome to hang with me at break." She said, it was actually very nice of her, I know I wasn't her biggest fan and I liked being on my own usually but maybe I needed to surround myself with people to forget about everything.

My dad drove up to where we were standing, it was my time to go home. I looked at Cameron and gave her a small smile "I'll think about it" I told her walking to the passanger seat. She smile back at me then turned and waddled back to the now filled grave.

The car ride was short and quiet, neither me nor my dad said a word. When I got home I went straight to my room ignoring my sisters stares as I walked up the stairs. I got into my room and flopped on my bed falling asleep as I got comfortable, I didn't even bother to take off my shoes.

When I woke up it was completely dark outside,I checked the time on my phone and it was 12:09. I shifted a bit throwing my phone onto the other side of the bed. I buried my face into the pillow and let out a deep groan. I rolled off the bed and undressed taking a long well deserved shower, I don't know why but I felt dirty. After I'd finished showering,brushing my teeth and gotten into my grey and neyon yellow onesy I went downstairs to the kitchen.

I made a plate of waffles and poured a glass of orange juice. I went back into my room and set my food down,I decided that I should draw too while I ate so I pulled out a piece of paper and a pencil. As I started with my master piece my hand started pulling stiff, my whole hand would go stiff and I couldn't do anything with it for a bit or it would hurt which would really piss me off.

I shook my hand groaning in frustration, while doing so I took a sip of my orange juice. My eyes widened and I turned my head to the side and spat the liquid out onto the floor. "Bleh forgot I just brushed my teeth" I said to myself. When I looked up a familiar figure stood in front of me, it was Toby. I slowly sat up while whipping my chin, I looked at him but he wasn't looking at me he was looking at the waffles on my desk.

I looked at the waffles then back at Toby "Ooh" I exclaimed laughing. "Do you want so-" before I could even finish my sentence he had already pushed next to me on my chair, he took off his mouth guard and goggles and began gobbling the food. This was the first time I'd actually seen his face,he's eyes were hazel who would have guessed. He was actually pretty cute,even those twitches he had were cute. While I was inspecting the intruder I spotted a huge gash on his neck.

"Oh my god you're bleeding" I informed him while standing up,"Where?" he asked with a mouth full  of waffles. "How can you not feel that?" I asked in a concerned tone. He whipped his mouth and answered "I don't feel" then began eating again. "Oh" I responded, I opened a draw in the desk and pulled out a first aid kit. I set the kit down on the table and used my uninjured hand to open it.

I cleaned the wound and covered it with a makeshift bandaid big enough to cover it. I put the kit back into the draw and closed it. "H-here" Toby said handing me the plate with half an eaten waffle on it. "Y-you said some" he clarified, I started giggling, clearly him and I had different definitions of "some". "It's okay you can have it" I said pushing the plate closer to him.

"It's to s-say thank y-you f-for fixing my w-wound" he insisted, I smiled and took the plate from him. Picking up the waffle with my injured hand I squeaked in pain "Jesus Chrisidy Christ that fucking hurts" I growled shaking my hand. Toby bolted up from his seat making me jump slightly. Sure he was being nice now but he could kill me at any second like he did Zahara and those other guys, I was still scared shitless of him.

"W-whats wrong" He asked in a slightly concerned tone, I put the plate of waffles down and opened the draw where the first aid kit was and took out a bandage. "Oh no my hand is giving me problems again,nothing serious" I explained. He took my hand into his making me jump again but then he started... massaging it? I didn't know how to react I was just surprised,why was he being nice?

He suddenly stopped "I h-have to g-go" he said, he took the bandage out of my hand and wrapped it around the one he was massaging. He put on his goggles and mouth guard and walked to the window. He came to a hult as he opened the window then he turned to me "C-can you p-please make me some m-more waffles t-tonight?" He asked gripping one of his hatchets. I gulped and just nod my head at him, I didn't want to make him angry because he was capable of anything.

He let go of his hatchet and jumped out of the window disappearing into the night, I honestly have no idea what just happened.