Chapter 6

Adele studied me, frowning. Her gray eyes bore into mine, and they showed no fear at looking at an Alpha head on. That was something that made her earn my respect because a lot of people wouldn't do it. "You do realize that there might not be people on your side," she said. "Why should we risk our men for people that will turn against you?"

I grimaced and shuffled a bit on my feet, not looking at her. That was one of my greatest fears. I was afraid that no one would forgive me for leaving them in their time of need.

"Then Jaz and I will risk it," Cameron said. He squeezed my hand, reassuring me that he was by my side. "There might be some from both packs that will choose to be on her side, even if there are those that aren't."

"And, what if you two die? It's a suicide mission?"

"A suicide mission?" Carter asked, looking up from his phone. "Sweet, I am in. I want to see this Wolfie fight."

"She fights pretty well," Clarice said, praising me. "She didn't get hit by a ball when they were playing dodgeball."

Malena wrinkled her nose in disgust. "Dodgeball? Why the fuck are you playing a sport that takes no skill?"

Clarice frowned and glared at the other female. Hatred filled her eyes, and I haven't seen her hate someone more than me. "It tests speed, agility, strength, and hand-eye coordination," she replied, coldly. "Why wouldn't you play dodgeball?"

"I, also, set up two training sessions," I replied, shrugging my shoulder. "Some days, you need to train by playing games."

"And it's fun," Cameron piped in. "I had a good time hitting on girls." He flashed me a wink, and I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"Too bad, you were the one that got hit in a couple of seconds," I replied, smirking at his scowling face.

"Ok, let's not get into an argument," Monroe interjected. "We need to see if we have the skill to face off these people. They have trained harder than some of us had." He glanced at Cameron and I. "They, also, can make it so that a Wolf can't shift."

I scowled, remembering how it felt when I didn't have the ability to shift into wolf form as part of my "testing." "I know how to fight with weapons," I said. "I made sure that both packs had basic training and defense with them as well."

"I think the first thing we should do is see what you can do, Alpha," Adele said, still referring to me as "Alpha" and not my name. "After that, I want to see if we can't complete the swords before we go get your pack."

"And then what?"

"And then, we prepare for war."