The Maid's Daughter: Chapter 12

Previously...

I took off the ridiculous heels that weighed on my feet, slipped on my panda slippers, and proceeded to head down to the Dining Hall.

I trace back the steps to when the head mistress took me on a tour of the academy while everyone was asleep.

I hear the noise coming from the hall and unknowingly fix my appearance before turning the corner.

My eyes go wide at the uncomfortable amount of eyes shooting questioning stares and glances my way.

I was fine, that is until I saw those obnoxious green eyes that I've grown to hate.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Share loves

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Kalie's P.O.V

The green balls of fire tore themselves from my gaze as rapidly as I do my own.

He's such an asshole. And who's that blonde bitch he's with anyway, she looks familiar but I'm too annoyed to interrogate my mind.

Instead I walk past the piercing gazes of the bimbos and jocks with fat pockets and Kakis that surround me, and proceed to an abandoned table. Little had I realized, it was dead smack in the center of the cafeteria.

It was almost as if I were an exhibit at a museum, with a description that read, "stand clear of the poor twat with split ends that only has twenty dollars and a hair clip to her name".

I felt like such an outcast. A hungry outcast.

It wasn't until my stomach growled that I had let the sweet and delightful aroma of fluffy pancakes, buttered up French toast and scrambled eggs, consume my crave and hunger.

I looked around and saw everyone still staring at me, with a delicious breakfast in front of them crying out to be eaten. I hadn't seen any lines or a kitchen around, and I wondered how they were able to receive the delightful meals. This was practically torture as my stomach was currently in the process of committing suicide as it slowly ate itself alive.

There was no place for me here. While everyone wore Gucci I wore some cheap alternative that I managed to find at a discount store.

They all looked fabulous and like they had all just walked out of a commercial for Ambercrombie and Fitch. All their hair voluminous and beautifully messy and effortless.

I mean mine was messy, but had no volume at all and for sure wasn't beautiful. I looked like I rolled out of bed and hadn't taken a shower or anything, though I had. I just want to leave.

I want to drown in a puddle of my own misery and unhappiness, and never leave my room until it is time to go to classes tomorrow.

Just before I am about to get up and forfeit my my quest to feed my hunger a figure comes to sit in front of me.

Her skin was a dark copper color, like an ebony painting. There was no discoloration in sight, almost as if she was a living image. She had coarser hair than I did, and it was way curlier as it sat on her back, side parted, and as one side was sleeked to the side, held behind with a bobby pin.

Her facial features were very vibrant with wide nostrils but a thin bridge and hazel eyes that looked as if the sun was always shining on them even when it wasn't visible.