08

Argument

---

As Natasha was dragging Will down the corridor, she was frowning. She had to bite her lip in order to stop herself from saying anything.

However, Will noticed this and sighed. Reaching forward, he grabbed her arm to stop them from walking, "Natasha, say what you need to say."

Finally, being able to release her thoughts, she turned to look at the slightly taller man and said angrily, "Why did you follow me?"

"I was worried about you."

She huffed, "I don't need you to protect me, Will, I handle myself pretty well!"

"Don't you think I know that? You could take anyone on this boat and still walk away breathing. You are one of the strongest people I know. Not only are you strong, you're beautiful, you're intelligent, and you're caring." Will said, looking into her eyes without hesitating, he had gotten so used to looking her in the eye that his heart doesn't beat too fast out of fear anymore. It still beats fast, but that's not the reason why.

"Natasha, other than my brother, you're the only person who cares for me. Even my parents didn't care. You make me feel happy about being here on this boat. I'm comfortable, even with all the people running around. That's why I followed you." He confessed.

It was true. All of it. He was speaking from the heart.

Natasha was quiet. She wasn't sure what to say. No-one has ever said anything like that to her. Most people she knew were scared of her. But not Will. This confused the assassin greatly.

She was about to open her mouth to reply, but a beeping in her ear interrupted her. Pressing a button on her earpiece, she listened carefully.

Will waited as she listened for her orders. He was worried that he shouldn't have said what he did. He didn't regret his words, he was scared that Natasha didn't feel the same.

"We're on our way." Romanoff told the person on the other side of the earpiece, before grabbing Will's hand again, "Come on, we need to get your brother."

They jogged along-side each other, trying to get to the lab as quickly as possible. Will was scared for his brother's safety, he didn't want him to go code green, but he didn't want to see him locked in a cage.

As they got closer to the lab, they noticed an agent escorting Thor there as well. It only took a few turns before they reached the lab, hearing the last of what Steve Rogers was saying.

"I was wrong Director. The world hasn't changed a bit."

Bruce saw his brother walk in with the assassin and the God, before asking Natasha, "Did you know about this?" gesturing to the weapon on the table.