18

The Winter Soldier

---

"What the hell is going on?" Will yelled down his phone as soon as it was answered.

"Will, just calm down-"

"No, I won't, Steve! Why did five S.H.I.E.L.D. agents come to my apartment asking about you because you are suddenly a terrorist?" Will shouted, waving his arms even though the other man couldn't see it.

He was surprised to hear the Captain say, 'Damn it' under his breathe, as he hadn't heard him swear like that before, but was confused as Steve repeated what he said to someone next to him, "Steve, who are you with? Will you please tell me what's going on?" He begged.

Will heard some movement on the other end and was able to pick up some whispering, "Should I tell him?"

"No! He should stay out of this."

"Steve." Will said sternly, "Did you bring my girlfriend into your drama?"

Rogers, hearing Will say his name, brought the phone back to his ear and winced, "No?"

"For God's sake, put her on the phone."

Steve sheepishly handed the phone over to the assassin, mumbling a small apology, knowing she didn't want him involved in whatever was happening.

Natasha just rolled her eyes, clears her throat and bring the phone to her ear, "Hey honey, how are you?" She said, putting on a fake sweet voice, cringing at it as she spoke.

"Don't 'Honey' me! What's happening?" He demanded, ignoring his warm cheeks at the nickname, that was the first time they had used one.

"Don't be mad-"

"That immediately makes me want to be mad."

"But me and Steve are kinda on the run."

Will was quite for a few moments, blinking, trying to process what she said. Natasha on the other end, biting at her thumb.

"How?" Will waved his arms even more, "You went out for some ice-cream like 20 minutes ago because you were upset about Fury! How the hell did you become a wanted person in that time?"

"Technically, Steve is the wanted person." Natasha points out, looking over at said man as they continued to walk.

"Thanks, just blame me." Steve said, before leaning in to talk into the phone, "I'm sorry, Will!"

Banner sighed, rubbing his head as a headache started to form, "Where are you now?"

Natasha hesitated, "Will I don't think-"

"Natasha."

She sighed, she wanted him to stay safe, but he can be stubborn at times, "Fine! We are going to the Mall, meet us at the Apple store on the third floor."