17

Drinks

---

"Hello, Will."

Hearing his name, Will turned around, tightening his grip on his coat, and sent a weak smile at his friend while his eyes stayed on the floor.

"Come on in." She said, holding the door wider for him to enter.

Swallowing down his nervousness, he stepped inside and awkwardly standing in the middle of her room as she closed the door and moved around him. It had been a while since Will spoke to Natasha, he didn't quite trust himself around anyone, not since he pointed a gun at the people he cared about. Occasionally, Will would remember the feeling of holding a gun in his hands and would have to a cold shower to shake the bitter feeling off; even after that, it was still there, in the shake of his fingers.

He watched as she walked towards her fridge next to her table, which was covered in open files. She stood in front of the open door of the fridge, the cold air tickling her bare legs, her hip jutted out with her hand resting on it. Will was surprised to hear a hum of a song he recognised but didn't know the name of come from her lips as she wondered what to take from the fridge. A small smile appeared on his lips, he enjoyed how care-free she was in that moment; with her long baggy T-Shirt almost covering her shorts, with her red hair resting on her shoulder, slightly wet showing she had a shower recently, and with her make-up free skin, showing her natural colour. Right now, she had never looked more beautiful to Will.

When Natasha bent down to retrieve something from the fridge, Will couldn't help but look down as her shirt lifted causing him to blush, coughing slightly and moving his gaze.

Hearing his awkward cough, she turned her head to him and held out her hand which held a cold bear, "Want one?" She smiled.

Will shrugged before he said quietly, "Have you got anything stronger?"

She nodded, placing the bear on her table before reaching over to the half empty bottle of whiskey on the counter, turning back to Will, "This good?" She asked gesturing to the bottle.

"Yes, please. Thank you."

Natasha chuckled at his not-so-hidden eagerness, he must really need it. She poured a generous amount of alcohol in a glass, handing it over to the doctor, watching him swallow most of it in the first gulp.

Opening her beer, she took a small sip before looking at Will. He was sitting down on her couch, gently rubbing his thumb up and down his glass.

Walking over, she sits down next to him, "How are you feeling?"

Will looks over at her before shrugging and pulling a face.

"I don't know." He said quietly, looking back down at his drink before taking another gulp.