Confessions

Caden got increasingly nervous the closer they got to the house he had spent the past weeks in. Would Ajax force him to shift? His steps faltered and he looked back over his shoulder at the way they came. Had this been his last chance of escape? He already saw himself locked up again in that grey room and he came to a stop. He'd rather die than set a foot into that dungeon again.

Ajax noticed almost immediately that he was no longer at his side and stopped, too, though he didn't turn around. Obviously he waited for Caden to come to him but he just couldn't. There were too many things which confused and frightened him. A low yowl finally got Ajax' attention and Caden ashamedly ducked his head when those green eyes focused on him. Damn, why was he behaving like a scaredy-cat all the time?

The alpha male didn't say anything instead he just stood there, arms and shoulders relaxed and a patient expression on his rather handsome face. And although cougars were loners and had no contact to fellow cats outside of the mating season he knew what this signals meant.

Carefully he crept forwards while watching the man intently. His tail flicked back and forth tensely.

By now the sun light reached through the tree tops and down to the ground that was covered by moss and fern. The various hard edges were softer and less threatening, the shadows less deep. The light made Ajax look otherworldly.

A pleased rumble reached his ears and he carefully rubbed his head against the man's leg. Obviously Ajax didn't exactly hate him. The realization set a giddy feeling in his stomach free and he quickly brought some distance between him and the lion to get his body back under control.

Without any more delays they walked back to the house where Kaliska waited for them at the back door. She seemed ready to kick his butt however she only nodded at Ajax and closed the door behind them after they had stepped inside.

Caden kept close to Ajax, the tense atmosphere almost suffocating him and making his skin prickle. The lion sat down on the sofa and winced, his hand reflexively covering the stitched up wound. Caden whined guiltily when he noticed the trickle of fresh blood, and shuffled closer so he could lick at it. Ajax granted him to do as he pleased but didn't encourage him on the other hand. He simply tolerated Caden's attempts at making amends.

"I'm taking him with me."

"What? Why?" Kaliska was upset for an unknown reason and Caden abandoned his licking to look at her. Her cheeks were slightly reddened and she balanced on the edge of her seat.

"You can't keep a cub in check," Ajax scoffed dryly.

"I was focused on taking care of you!" Kaliska defended herself angrily though Ajax only growled warningly in response. She crossed her arms in front of her with a huff and glared at him.

Caden crouched low and panted quietly. The stress was bubbling back up and made him feel nauseous. He didn't like that they were talking about him as if he wasn't present at all. It made him feel like a pet.

To proof that he was indeed in the same room and more than capable of making his own decisions, he shifted. His muscles still felt sore afterwards but it was not as bad as his first shift. He licked his dry lips.

"I -," he began but got interrupted by an annoyed growl.

"I'm not discussing that," Ajax remarked and shot him a warning glare. Caden refrained from sticking his tongue out childishly. Stupid, overbearing lion.

"And I'm not letting you push me around," he gritted out.

"Fine," Ajax barked angrily. "Go out there and get shot, I don't care."

His lips were pressed into a tight line and he seemed to be ready to drag Caden outside any minute now.

"You're an asshole," Caden accused and the lion raised a single eyebrow.

"So what?"

"I hope your dick falls off!"

"The world would miss out on a lot of amazing things," the man replied cockily and Caden looked in the other direction to hide the redness of his face. His own nudity didn't make the whole situation any better.

"I'll leave right now so you don't have to bother anymore," he murmured and didn't know why his chest suddenly felt so tight.

He already regretted having Ajax followed back. Why had he done it anyways? It could have been already over now and instead he sat here like a scolded pet and wasn't able to meet the other man's eyes. Clearly he had been hurt and confused by everything so it was easy for the lion to pick him up like an abandoned dog at the road side. Furthermore, it had felt strangely good to follow his lead. He really had hoped that the man would make everything better but he was obviously mistaken.

He had to grip the armrest of the sofa to keep his balance when he rose from the ground. He just felt so damn tired and he wanted to not be alone anymore and Michael should be here with him and-

A choked sob forced it's way out of his throat and he quickly staggered to the back door to hide how broken he felt. Stupid tears, stupid lions, stupid life. He stumbled but caught himself again, his breath not more than ragged pants.

"Honey, think about it, please," Kaliska tried to change his mind though he shook his head. He didn't want to think anymore, not when it made him feel so awful.

"Do something," she hissed at Ajax.

Caden blocked them out and concentrated on reaching the door before his insides shattered into a million pieces. He just wanted Michael to hold him and tell him that everything was going to be fine. Was it too much to ask for?

His hand touched the cool door handle and he whipped at his eyes to clear his blurry vision.

Out of nowhere a warm - and naked - body pressed itself against his backside, successfully plastering him against the door and preventing him from opening it. He hissed threateningly and squirmed to shake off the other one who just pressed closer to him.

He trembled when lips touched his neck and then teeth grazed over his sensitive skin. Ajax' body was hot and as expected muscular, kind of hard but soft at the same time. The lion had to bend his head down to be able to touch Caden this intimately and his breath ghosted over his skin.

"Don't go," he muttered right behind Caden's ear whose whole body jerked at the overwhelming sensation. However Ajax held him securely, one hand on Caden's hip the other planted against the door next to his head, caging him. Their bodies seemed to fit perfectly and he had to fight the desire to purr appreciatively.

"Why shouldn't I?" he managed to say somehow and let his forehead rest against the door when Ajax gently nuzzled his neck. The lion moved behind him and brought them yet again a tiny bit closer.

Their closeness was intoxicating and Caden felt his eyelids drop in bliss. The fingers on his hip drew lazy circles and he longed to feel every single inch of that tantalizing man.

"I don't want you to go," Ajax finally answered, his voice rough and not more than a quiet whisper.

Caden shivered upon hearing those words and then arched back against the lion with a content purr.