Chapter 3

It's been two weeks since Izaya followed me home and since then I've seen him at least every day. 

"My name is Izaya Orihara, and you're Sora."

"Okay..big whoop you know my name..."

Some days when I wouldn't see him he would just send me a text saying he was busy or he would call. I'm kind of shy on the phone, which makes it awkward on my part.  I knew he wanted to be there but I didn't think he was actually going to be there every day. It was kind of cute.

I wonder what he did for a living. I told him what I did but he said he already knew. I'm an author, by the way, I write fantasy books and sometimes articles for a local newspaper.  Currently, I'm supposed to be writing a sequel to my latest fantasy novel, but I just don't know how to start it.  So, I tend to wander the streets all day looking for inspiration around every corner but nothing really comes to me. 

Maybe I'll ask to follow him one day. 

I reached for my phone that was on my bedside table. I searched for Izaya's name and I clicked on it and I put the phone up to my ear. He answered on the first dial.

"Well if it isn't my pregnant companion, how are you, " He said in a theatrical voice. 

"I'm good and you?"

"Great, now what do you need"

"How did you know I needed something"

"Because you hate phone calls"

My line was silent for a moment as his words caught me off guard. In the two weeks I've known Izaya I've compiled all of the information I could gather on him and marked him off as DISTURBINGLY BLUNT in bold capital letters. "True...I wanted to ask you something. Is it okay if I follow you around one day?"

"Why?" 

"Because I'm working on a book and I need help, you seem interesting enough, and I just really need to gather new ideas, walking around Ikebukoro by myself isn't really painting a picture in my head for me." 

"Fine by me sweety, but I suggest you wear shoes you can run in tomorrow,"

The next day I met up with Izaya in the middle of Ikebukuro. I wondered why we met in the middle of the city and specifically at sunset. It was starting to get cold. I was wearing a heavy black jacket, red pants, and a black shirt, I felt that wearing too much black would make me look too emo, so I decided to skip the black pants today...plust they were dirty.

That's when I felt a tap on my shoulder and I tensed up and quickly turned around to throw a punch at the target behind me.

My fist was immediatley caught by a cold pale hand. I looked up at its owner and took note of Izaya's smirk. 

"Well, well, you can pack a punch little one." He shook the pain out of his hand and promptly stored it in his pocket.  "Well...shall we?" He said as we walked onward.

I've never truly seen Ikebukuro at night, the main part of the city was filled with bright lights and streams of vivid color. I had no idea where Izaya was leading me but we seemed to walking on and on for what felt like forever. 

Suddenly Izaya stopped, still distracted by all of the surrounding scenery I hadn't noticed he stopped until I ran into his back

Suddenly Izaya stopped, still distracted by all of the surrounding scenery I hadn't noticed he stopped until I ran into his back. "Hey why'd you stop suddenly?" I asked as I rubbed the pain away from my nose. 

"Things are about to get very interesting, little one" Izaya suddenly turned around and picked me up bridal style which caused a sudden gasp to fly past my lips. Immediatley Izaya jumped two feet away from where we stood, as a vending machine flew past where we stood only seconds ago. I squirmed in Izaya's grip as the wind from the vending machine blew through my hair. "What the hell is going on" I immdeitaly thought. 

"IZAAAAYAAAA" A deep voice boomed out

"IZAAAAYAAAA" A deep voice boomed out. A blonde man in a bartenders get up was sprinting towards us.  

"Ah well if it isn't Shizu-chan," Izaya said with a sly smile.

"Izayaaaaaaa! Did you kidnap this woman!" The man screeched. 

"Well why don't you ask her that yourself, oh... well would you look at the time." Izaya laughed hysterically as he took off with me in his arms.

The man in the bartender suit began chasing after us.

"Is he gonna kill us?" I asked as I looked up at Izaya in wonder and then over his shoulder looking back at the sprinting Shizuo.

"He's only here to kill me not you...unless" Izaya stopped and he let me down. The loud slapping of feet hitting the pavement drew closer and closer.

"Do you trust me," Izaya asked, he put his hands on my shoulders.

"Ugh..Sorta...why? WHy, why? What's happening!?" The panic I was staring to feel began to creep up my vocal chords. 

"Because that's all I needed to know," Izaya said. In an instant I was spun around and was moved in front of him as if I were a shielf. I closed my eyes and braced myself for the worse. Yet the worse never came. Slowly I opened my eyes to meet the roughed up knuckles of the blonde mans fist, he had stopped his punch, his fist only centimeters away from my nose. 

"I knew it!" Izaya laughed out loud, "I knew it! You won't hit her, even though she's with me, you can't dare bring yourself to hit a woman," I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist and his chin rest on my shoulder.

Shizuo grumbled and lowered his fist "What is he to you?" He asked me as he adjusted his dark shades.

"We-Well to me he's" I couldn't help but stutter as my face went red, what is Izaya to me? Is he my lover? My friend? My boyfriend? The baby daddy? I don't know...

"I'm her boyfriend, and the father," Izaya said as he began to rub my stomach. He gave me a soft kiss on the cheek, my face grew hot as his lips left my cheek. The heat was starting to spread throughout my body. Am I getting flustered?

"What the HELL....IZAYAAAAAAAAA!!" Shizuo shouted. With quick haste Izaya picked me up =and ran away with me in his arms, laughing hysterically away from the blonde until he was out of sight and by then we had stopped at a tall building.

"Well, welcome to my humble abode," Izaya said gesturing toward the large building, he led me toward his apartment elevator and offered me a sly smile as we got in.  "This is where it all happens."