Chapter 5

The man scrambled on the floor.

"Ah-ah- Izaya...I didn't think-"

"Think what," he dragged, "That I wouldn't be in my own apartment, how foolishHow long has it been? It's been at least two weeks since that night Izaya spent the night over. I was now a month and a week into my pregnancy. My stomach began to grow by the days. If I wore a tight shirt you could see the ever so growing bump. I have a doctor's appointment today. First time I've been to the doctors in forever. I didn't tell Izaya that I was going to the doctor but somehow he managed to find out. I was currently walking there Izaya said he would meet me at the hospital I was going to. 

I was making my way to the subway station when I accidentally bumped into somebody.

"Oh sorry," I said as I looked up at them. It was a boy with short black hair, he was very young and he was wearing a white and green jacket. He looked lost.

"O-oh I'm sorry, please forgive me, oh God your pregnant I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay no need to worry about it." I gave him a small smile, "Are you lost?" I asked him.

"Well technically I'm supposed to meet a friend but I don't know where he is." He said in a small voice.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that, I wish I could help you, all I can tell you now is that if you need help just go to the service booth. Good luck with finding your friend." I smiled and I began walking away.

"Thank you." I heard him call out. I got on the subway and I took the nearest seat and put in my headphones.

My stop was coming up soon.

IZAYA'S POINT OF VIEW

"Now where is that girl, doesn't she know I have a busy day today," I said out loud.

"I'm sorry I'm late." I heard behind me. I turned around to see Sora hunched over breathing hard.

"Well look who graced me with their presence."

"You didn't have to come you know."

"But why, wouldn't I, I told you I'm going to be there every step of the way," I said to her with a small smile.

SORA'S POINT OF VIEW

"I know, now let's get inside," Izaya said. We walked into the hospital and checked in. Before we even got to sit down the doctor showed up down the hall. He immediately went to shake Izaya's hand. The man seemed panicked, his palms were sweaty when he went to shake my hand.

We followed him to the examination room. I then whispered into Izaya's ear, "Why is this guy so nervous."

Izaya leaned down and whispered into my ear "A couple years back I dug up some dirt on him."

"Isn't that blackmail?"

"You're cute when you put two and two together." Izaya laughed and we walked into the examination room. No wonder why the doctor came so early. Is this the whole reason why he tagged along?

I sat on the examination table and leaned back.

"If you will, can you please lift up your shirt." He asked.

"Sure," I said as I lifted up my shirt exposing my pale skin.

He then covered my stomach in some weird gooey stuff that was extremely cold. He put the fetal doppler on my stomach and moved it around. Until we heard a fast rapid heart beat.

"Well, there they are." The doctor said.

"They?" I repeated back to him.

"Yup, one...and two." He pointed on the monitor.

"Well, this just confirmed that they are mine," Izaya said out loud.

"What! You didn't believe me." I looked up at him.

"What did you think I was just gonna believe you at first! And besides, I know they're mine because....twins are hereditary in my family." Izaya said. Him telling me that twins are hereditary made me want to pass out.

-Time Change-

After the hospital, Izaya ran off but not before he pulled out a long black box with a red bow on it. He gave it to me. He told me that it would be best if I opened it at home. That's exactly what I was doing now. I was sitting on my bed up against the headboard. Contemplating whether or not to open up the box. I took off the red bow and I examined the heavy black box. It was a long box. At least it isn't a ring. What could it be?

I took the box and I shook it. It didn't make any noise inside. I set the box back down and I opened it. Inside was a...Knife. It wasn't any ordinary knife. It was beautiful, it looked like a rainbow had spilled on it. Like it bathed in an oil slick.

I took the small knife out of the box and I examined it

I took the small knife out of the box and I examined it. My phone then rang. I put the knife back into the box and I grabbed my phone. Izaya was calling me.

"Hello," I answered.

"So do you like it?" He said abruptly.

"It's beautiful, I never thought I'd say that about a knife. Why did you get it for me?"

"I can't always be there to protect you and from what I've seen you can protect yourself, I would just feel less worried if I knew you were walking around with a knife."

"I guess that's opposite for some people."

"I guess so, we'll I've gotta go, sweet dreams," Izaya said and then he hung up.

IZAYAS POINT OF VIEW

I took out the picture from the ultrasound and I stared at it. Is this my life now.  I heard her coming up from the stairs. I quickly put the picture back in my pocket and I greeted the young girl. Whom I've been talking with for the past couple of months. Tonight we were going to commit suicide together. I laughed on the inside at the thought of it.