Chapter 16

Oliver's POV
I gave a final push and collapsed onto the bed as the sound of crying filled the air. That was the hardest thing I had ever done and I was utterly exhausted. I could vaguely make out voices around me but I didn't have the energy to respond and soon a welcome darkness overcame me. When I woke up hours later I was surprised to see that I was in our bed and Luke was sitting on a chair beside the bed with his head resting on the bed. I could tell that he was sleeping by his even breathing. Reaching out I gently shook him. "Babe wake up. I want to see our boys." I whined. Slowly his eyes fluttered open and he grinned at me. Standing up, he walked out of the room and soon returned with two small blue bundles. Placing them in my arms, Luke stepped back as I observed our tiny sleeping sons. The one on my right had brown hair and he slowly opened his eyes revealing blue-green eyes. I smiled and gave him over to Luke. "Houston." I breathed and Luke smiled. The one that I kept in my arms was a smaller build and had blonde hair like his daddy's. Although his eyes were closed I had a feeling that he would have blue eyes. "Nevada." I smiled and Luke leaned down and planted a kiss on my lips. "I love it. I love them." He said and I could see his eyes shimmered with unshed tears. Suddenly Houston burst into tears and Luke handed him back to me and left the room. I watched him leave in surprise. Nevada, hearing his brother screaming, opened his eyes and started whimpering. Great, now I had two wailing babies, but I couldn't help grin as I caught sight of Nevada's eyes. They were definitely blue. Just as I was about to lose it, Rose walked in followed by Luke. "Hey Ollie, congratulations on the boys. Now the reason they're crying is because they're hungry. To feed them you are going to have to shift. Don't worry they will shift with you." Rose explained. I nodded slowly then handed Nevada and Houston over to Luke. I love Rose, but that doesn't mean that I trust her with my pups. Quickly shifting into my black wolf, I laid back down on the bed. Luke passed the boys to me and as soon as I nuzzled them they changed to pups. Houston was a beautiful brown pup whereas Nevada was a bleach blonde pup. As soon as they shifted they sniffed around until they found what they had been looking for: milk. Luke watched them nurse for awhile then shifted into his white wolf and curled up around us, resting his head on mine. Soon I fell asleep as did the pups.