Chapter 3

(Remember Comment what you think and some request! I will do all of them! xx)

Spanker: Katniss' s father

Spankee: Gale and Katniss

Katniss POV

Gale says I am only happy in the woods. I guess that is true. I especially think that on days like today. My father allowed me to come out here with Gale while he is in the mines. I guess he finally gained my trust after my last spanking. (A/N read in chapter 2) It is a cool fall day and Gale and I decided to go fishing. My father told Gale and I not to go down this far. That since my bow was broken and had to be repaired I would really have no defense against a pack of wild dogs. And plus you don't need a bow to fish. But there is no way of him actually knowing. I won't take any fish home but Gale can. I will have enough from Gales snares.

We finish up the day with 7 fish and 2 rabbits.  We decide to go to the hob to sell some of the fish. When we walk into the hop there is the usual chatter. I take some of the fish to sell and Gale takes some. I imeadeatly go to greasy saes stall. She pays well for fish. As soon as I collect my coins and remaining fish I turn on my heel from the stall. I see a coal dust covered face. The face of my father.

He saw the fish.

"Father why are you here?"

"My pick axe broke, I came to fix it" He continues "Where did you get those fish?"

"Uhh"

Gale seems to notice and walks over. He knows my fathers rule.

"Where did you get those fish?" My father asks again.

"It was my idea sir." Gale just lied. It was my idea.

"Gale it wasn't your ide-"

"Katniss stop taking up for me."

Gale steps in front of me and pushes me behind him.

"Katniss told me not to but I wanted to fish and plus I still had a bow."

Everyone has stopped and is looking at us.

"You two outside now!" my father barks.

We go outside.

"Katniss I told you and not to go down to the lake that is dangeous!"

"Im sorry I just-"

Gale steps in "I told you sir it was my idea."

"Gale, I trusted you with one of my bows and my daughter. You broke that trust, you disobeyed me."

"Father! Its not gales fault its mine hes lying it was my idea!" I couldn't stand to see Gale get in trouble. My father knows Gales mother very well and they agreed that each parent can punish anyone. I thankfully have never been spanked by Hazel or Gale by my Father but there is a first for everything.

Gale starts to argue back and finally my father says,"Alright! its both of y'alls fault just go to the house and I have to finish work. Ill be there when I get off."

Gale and I trudge to my house.

"You know Gale just let me take the blame I can handle a spanking," I say

"Katniss I can too!" He says "Let me do this please. Not just for you but for me too." We argue a bit more before we get home. We walk through the door and Prim is sitting there stroking buttercup.

"Hey Katniss,  hey Gale." Prim says.

She notices the look on my face and asks, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I answer.

"There is something wrong katniss tell me maybe I can help."

"Im in trouble Prim."

He eyes widen.

"Why? Is father going to spank you? Why is Gale here? She asks curiously

"Gale and I are in trouble because we went to the lake against father's rules and Gale is here because well you know.,

"Is father going to spank you gale?"

Gale responds with a simple, "Maybe."

We sit in silence for awhile as we wait anxiously. Finally father comes in the door coverd in coal dust. He takes a minute to clean up and tells us both to come in the bed room. We walk in sheepishly.

"Ok, since neither of you want to confess which one of you really gave the idea. I have decided to punish both of you." Father says.

"Gale, I am going to let you decide which one of you goes first considering you are not my son."

"Ummm," Gale looks at me as if he wants me to answer.

"Katniss can decide," he finally says.

"Ok Katniss you chose, who gets spanked first?"

"I will," I say.

"ok Gale, I want you to wait outside and Katniss stand in the corner."

Gale POV

I walk outside the room. I wish there was something more I could do. I wish I could talk the blame for today. I know Katniss wouldn't allow it. I stand with my back against the door and I begin to here a CRACK and then a cry. The cries soon turn to screams. I have no idea how many he gives Katniss but it seems like a lot. I feel so bad for her. Soon the Cracking noise stops but the cries continues. After about 5 mins a teary eyed Katniss comes out walking stiffly as if each step hurts. I wrap her in a hug, careful of her bottom. 

"Gale, come in please," Mr. Everdeen says.

I walk in the room. I am really scared. He closes the door and instructs me to pull my pants and underwear down. My face turns bright red as I lower them to the ground.

"Lean over the bed."

I am wondering what implement he is going to use. Once I am in position, I turn around and see him pick up a leather strap. I grip the bed sheets. WOOSH CRACK. The pain is intense. I let out a soft cry and arch my back slightly.

CRACK CRACK CRACK

"ohhh"

CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK

"Ahhh oh god stop!"

The pain was unbearable.

CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK

CRACK CRACK

"STOP PLEASE OH GOD STOP!"

"You're half way done and you're doing great."

I didn't think I was doing great!

CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK

"STOP PLEASE IT HURTS!"

I finally gave up. My body was too exhausted. I lay limp over the bed. I didn't even realize it was over until about 5 minutes afterward. I pull on my pants and gasp a little as they are pulled over my freshly spanked bottom. I shake Mr. Everdeen's hand and then walk out to find katniss. I see her laying on her stomach and I try to sit down next to her with a yelp. I try one more time this time gentler she looks up at me and smiles.

"Hey Gale."

"Hey Catnip."

"You Okay?" She asks

"Never better," I reply "You?"

"Im fine."