Chapter 22: Request

(A/N So here's the Everlark one that yall voted for! Voting is still open so go do it! Also comment requests xx)

Spanker: Peeta

Spankee: Katniss

Katniss POV

I raise my bow, with the deer in sight. Its a buck. The arrow shoots through the air and hits the deer in the chest. Perfect.

Peeta POV

I check my watch nervously, Katniss was supposed to be here 30 minutes ago to eat lunch with the new mayor of district 12 and me. She didn't want to do it, of course but its important I told her. Katniss promised she be here, but this wouldn't be the first time Katniss has lied to me.

Katniss POV

As I walk through the streets I find Thom, one of the people on Gale's old mining crew and ask him the time.

"Its 1:30," He says.

Crap. I was supposed to meet Peeta an hour ago. I'll make up some lame excuse like I was feeding Haymitch's geese but most likely he wont buy it. I already took the deer to the hob, which recently reopened.

Peeta POV

Katniss opens the door to our house, where Mayor Davis has been patiently waiting.

"Thank God!" I say.

"Sorry, Haymitch wanted me to feed his geese and then he fell and cut his head. He was drunk and I needed to help him."

Katniss has always been a terrible liar and plus, I could see the animal blood on the back of her sleeve. She has been in the woods, where she promised not to go.

I pretend to believe her, "Its fine, I am sure he needed your attention more than ours." I say, smiling.

I hear Katniss breath a sigh of relief as we take our seats.

Katniss POV

I talk and play nice the entire dinner, does Peeta even believe my story? I mean he could have been faking it so the mayor wouldn't notice I never wanted to meet him. I remember the last time I lied about where I was. I got a very long and hard hand spanking and then 4 whacks with the brush as a reminder that if I did it again I would get his hand and the brush.

Peeta POV

The mayor finally leaves and I give Katniss 'the look' that means her butt is in for it.

"Upstairs," I say sternly.

Katniss looks scared, but nods and goes upstairs.

Once we make it to our bedroom, I begin to lecture her.

"Katniss, I told you not to go, and you went hunting anyways, do you know how bad that made us look?"

"I told you," Katniss begins, "I had to help Haymitch. "

"Thats a lie. They ran out of alcohol 2 days ago, the next shipment comes in tomorrow."

Katniss begins to stammer,  "I - I"

I cut her off, "First going somewhere you promised me you would not go and now your lying TO MY FACE. "

"I'm SORRY!" she says.

Katniss looks at the ground. I lift her chin up so we are standing eye to eye.

"Katniss, do you remember what I said  would happen if you did something like this again?"