Death

?? POV
Beep… Beep… Beep… Beep…

The heart monitor let out sounds of my heartbeat rhythmically. Then, I heard voices, but they were mostly faint to my ears.

"… severe third degree burns to his right arm and left leg… the nerve endings are completely destroyed. We need to amputate them before necrosis occurs."

"Also detected foreign substances in his blood samples. Traces of morphine, nano crystals, and other strange drugs that we've never seen before…"

"Several cuts to his stomach and chest area."

"There are also excessive remains of methamphetamine in his blood system. It's destroyed 90% of neurons in his hippocampus."

"His memory processing catalysts are destroyed."

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep…

"… he's losing too much blood. He's not going to make it!"

"Heart monitor's not showing any response!"

I could barely hear the sound of the defibrillator charging up.

"Administering 150 joules in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…"

"Clear!"

Thud

I could feel my limp body flap at the powerful shock.

"Still no readings on the monitor! It's not working!"

"200 joules in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…"

"Clear!"

Thud

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep…

The surgeons shook their heads gravely as if there was no hope.

From a slither of my consciousness, I could hear the surprised voices of the surgeons,

"Sh-Shinonono-sensei?"

'Shino…?' I repeated in my mind.

"We did the best we could… But…"

Then, momentarily, my mind went blank. I couldn't make out what this new person was saying. It was the same purple haired girl with the weird things sticking out of her head.

'Ah… I remember her… She was there…' I trailed off, but everything went white.

I could feel it. I was on the edge of life, flirting with death itself, barely holding onto what little existence I had left of me.

My vision was blurry to the point where I couldn't even make out any of their faces from a few meters away. But I focused my vision on one thing that the girl was carrying. It was a round rock-like object that glowed mysteriously. It couldn't be natural. The glow on it let out a mysterious aura and I could sense it even in my near-death state. The object was almost calling out for me.

The surgeons seemed to be arguing but appeared to have come to a mutual agreement.

"Commencing core implant and removal of vital organs…"

A/N:I only own ?? and his IS (that will be revealed on a later chapter )
But i wanna see you guys think of names,so i want you guys to choose which name will be for ??'s AI.
The names are as follows:
Momo
Mary
Ayano
Ene
Choose carefully. See you all in the next update