Twilight Chapter 16 (Hospital and Home)

I rushed to Riley, and as soon as I saw her, I pulled her into my arms. "Thank god your alright."

"How's Bella?" She asked, concerned about her older sibling.

"She's fine." Carlisle told her. "She just got out of surgery. The doctors are bringing her to her room. They said that she would wake up soon." I know that she's worried, but I hope that she's okay now. I know that she was really scarred when James threatened to kill her.

A few days later, we came back home, and it felt right. I went to go and see Riley, but she wasn't at her house, so I checked her treehouse.

"Hey." I spoke out, surprising her. I was sitting at her table.

"Hey, what are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to see how you are doing."

"I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Don't you have something better to do?"

"Not really, shouldn't you be out with Charlie and Bella?"

"No, Charlie doesn't really see me as a daughter anymore."

"Why do you say that?" I could tell that she was getting annoyed with my questions, but I really want to know.

"He gave away my room, he's left me alone, he doesn't seem to care about me anymore. Don't get me wrong, Bella is my sister, and I love her, but I just wish that not all of the attention was on her anymore."

"Look, everything will get better." I try to tell her.

"I'm gonna go, I have to get something to eat."

"Why don't you just come back with me. I'm sure that Rose will be glad to see you." After I said that, I felt her anger, and know that she doesn't want me to be here.

"Why don't you just leave me alone!" She yells and leaves. I feel bad that she is upset, but I know that she's had a tough time lately. So I guess I'll just give her some space.