Eclipse Chapter 5 Intruder

Edward called us saying that the Swan's house had an intruder. A vampire intruder. Emmett and I volunteered to go and see if there was any trail left, because I'm the best at finding trails, and Emmett is the strongest of all of us.

"A passerby wouldn't leave Riley and Bella's father alive." I heard Rose say as I walked in.

"The scent disappeared a mile south of the house." I tell the group as I walked into the room. I go over the the couch and sit next to Riley, wrapping my arms around her.

"Someone is orchestrating this." Carlisle declared.

"Victoria?" Bella suggested.

"I would've seen her decide this."

"Has to be the Volturi then." Edward said to Alice.

"I don't think it's the Volturi ether. I've been watching Aro's decisions."

"So we keep looking." Emmett says from Rose.

"We'll also take shifts guardian Bella and Riley at their house."

"Another protection detail?" Rosalie asks, sounding annoyed. "I'm fine with Riley, but-"

"Rosalie." Carlisle cut her off.

"No, she's right. You can't protect us, watch our dad, and search for the intruder." Bella agreed with Rose.

"And Victoria.

"I'm not leaving you here defenseless." Edward said what the two of us were thinking.

"Well, we aren't going to let you starve." Riley jumped into the conversation. "And Bella wouldn't be unprotected, she has Jacob, and I could go and visit Leah. It's been so long since I've seen her." Well, I guess it's decided.