Chapter 10: Still Not Awake, Am I?

Sherlock starts violently and wakes up to find himself lying on his side on a narrow rocky edge and water is pouring over him. "Oh, I see. Still not awake, am I?" He asked himself, as he gets up in his feet and looks around him.

He is at the place he really doesn't want to be, Reichenbach Falls. He grimaces as he pulls down the visor of his deerstalker so that water won't get on his eyes. "Too deep, Sherlock. Way too deep." said a voice and Sherlock looks around and sees Moriarty, walking towards him. Sherlock stumbles as Moriarty speaks again.

"Congratulations. You'll be the first man in history to be buried in his own Mind Palace." Sherlock looked towards the waterfalls before turning to face Moriarty.

"The setting's a shade melodramatic, don't you think?" He asked him.

"For you and me? Not at all." Moriarty replied.

"What are you?" Sherlock asked.

"You know what I am. I'm Moriarty, the Napoleon of crime." He claimed, slightly sarcastic.

"Moriarty's dead." Sherlock replied, firmly.

"Not in your mind. I'll never be dead there. You once called your brain a hard drive. Well, say hello to the virus. This is how we end, you and I. Always here, always together." said Moriarty, walking closer to Sherlock.

"You have a magnificent brain, Moriarty. I admire it." Sherlock said as Moriarty smiles alittle. "I concede it may be even the equal of my own." Moriarty smiles wider as Sherlock walks closer to him.

"I'm touched. I'm honored." He said to Sherlock.

"But when it comes to the matter of unarmed combat on the edge of a precipice...your going in the water...short-arse." Sherlock said and Moriarty's smile drops. He hisses and lashed out on Sherlock by jabbing his finger into Sherlock's throat, who chokes and stumbles back, his deerstalker falls of his head.

Moriarty surges forward and grabs Sherlock's ears, shoving him against the rock wall. Sherlock pushes him away, then as Moriarty straightens up, Sherlock punches him in the face. "Oh, you think you're so big and strong, Sherlock! Not with me!" Moriarty shouted. He punches Sherlock in the face, which spins him around and fall to the ground. He gets up and turns back around and swings another punch at Moriarty but he blocks it and seizes his arm and shoves him hard, sending Sherlock falling to the ground on his front.

Breathing heavily, Sherlock struggles to turn over onto his back. As he does, Moriarty stands over him. "I am your WEAKNESS!" he yells and he kicks Sherlock in the head.

"I keep you DOWN!" he yelled as he kicks Sherlock on the side.

"Everytime you STUMBLE, everytime you FAIL, when you're WEAK...I...AM....THERE!" He screams as he keeps punching Sherlock in the chest. Moriarty, then, falls to his knees as Sherlock tries to get up but Moriarty grabs his coat.

"No. Don't try to fight it LIE BACK DOWN AND LOSE!!!" he shouts as he hauls Sherlock to his feet.

The two men struggle but Moriarty has the upper hand and shoves Sherlock sideways, clinging to his arm with one hand and grasping the side of his head with the other and bending him over the side of the ledge.

"Shall we go over together? It has to be together, doesn't it? At the end, its always you AND ME!!" he screams manically into Sherlock's face.

Suddenly a man's voice clears his throat, Moriarty looks over and a few feet away you and John standing there, smiling. Both of you have revolvers and were aiming at Moriarty. "Professor, if you wouldn't mind stepping away from our friend. I do believe he finds your attention a shade annoying." You replied.

Moriarty releases Sherlock, who has a slight smirk. "That's not fair! There's always three of you!" Moriarty said.

"There's always three of us. Don't you read The Strand?" John asked him as he tosses the deerstalker to Sherlock, who puts it on.

"On your knees, Professor." You ordered, gesturing with your revolver.

Moriarty drops to his knees at the side of the ledge. "Hands behind your head." John ordered him. Moriarty does as he is instructed.

"Thank you, John. (y/n)." Sherlock said. You smile at him.

"Since when do you call me John?" John asked.

"You'd be surprised." Sherlock said.

"No I wouldn't." John replied. He looks down towards Moriarty and looks back to Sherlock.

"Time you woke up, Sherlock." You said.

Sherlock looks over at you and you smile at him "I'm a smart woman and Watson's a storyteller. We know when we're in one." You said.

"Of course. Of course you do, you two." Sherlock said, smiling at the two of you.

"So what's he like? The other me, in the other place?" John asked.

"Smarter than he looks." replied Sherlock.

"Pretty damn smart, then." John said.

"Pretty damned smart." Sherlock said. He looks over at you and said. "And you are even smarter and just as beautiful as ever, if you're wondering." He said. You blush at this as Moriarty scowls.

"Why don't you three just elope, for God's sake?" He asked.

"Impertinent!" You and John said, in unison.

"Offensive." Sherlock mumbed.

"Actually, would you mind?" You asked Sherlock as you lower you revolver.

"Not at all, love." He said.

You and John exchange a look and both of you walk behind Moriarty. You and John nod at each other and, simultaneously, kick Moriarty in the back sending him over the edge. Moriarty screams as he falls.

The three of you look down into the abyss. John straightens up and looks at his friend. "It was our turn." He replies. "Quite so." Sherlock said.

"So, how do you plan to wake up?" You asked him.

Sherlock looks around and said. "Ohhh, I should think like this." And he steps onto the rim of the ledge. "Are you sure?" You asked.

Sherlock turns back to face you. He jumps off of the rim and walks up to you. You look up at him in his gray eyes and smile. He returns the smile, leans down and kissed you.

When you break apart, he kissed your cheek and walked back to the rim. "Between the three of us, I always survive a fall." He said as he stepped back on the rim on the edge.

"But how?" John asked.

"Elementary, my dear Watson." Sherlock replied, throwing his deerstalker to the side and jumps off the cliff, arms spreading wide and a happy grin on his face.