Chapter 11: A Man Out of His Time

*Present day*

Sherlock jerks awake and opens his eyes. He realized he is back on the jet and everything, at first is a little blurry but there's one person, who's leaning towards him, he can see perfectly clear. His eyes settled on you and smiles. "Miss me?" He asked you.

Finally his vision becomes clearer and he sees John and Mary are sitting across from him and Mycroft is in the middle of the aisle a few paces behind them. "Sherlock? You all right?" You asked him. "Yes, of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?" He asked.

"Cause you probably just OD'd. You should be in hospital." John replied.

"No time." Sherlock said, as he gets up from his seat. "I have to go to Baker Street now. Moriarty's back." He stumbles as he steps into the aisle, you grab his shoulder and help him get his balance back.

"I almost hope he is, if it'll save you from this." Mycroft said, holding Sherlock's list.

Sherlock snatches the lists and tears it up and throws it on the floor. "No need for that now. Got the real thing. I have work to do." said Sherlock. He begins a step forward but Mycroft stops him.

"Sherlock. Promise me?" Mycroft asked him, softly. Sherlock looks around for a moment before looking back to his brother. "What are you still doing here? Shouldn't you be off getting me a pardon or something, like a proper big brother?" He said and shoves Mycroft out of the way and heads out the door.

Mary and John follow after him. You start to follow the trio but Mycroft stopped you. "(Y/N)?" You turn around and look at him. "Look after him, please?" Mycroft begged you. You smile at him. "Of course, Mycroft. You know I don't want anything bad to happen to him either." You reply and walk out of the plane.

Once you get outside, you see Sherlock put on his coat as all four of you walk across the tarmac towards one of the government's car. "Sherlock, hang on." You said as you catch up with him. He turns around and gives his attention to you, as he puts his gloves on.

"Explain. Moriarty's alive, then?" You asked.

"I never said he was alive. I said he was back." Sherlock replied.

"So he's dead." Mary said.

"Of course he's dead. He blew his own brains out. No-one survives that. I just went to the trouble of an overdose to prove it." He said, then he throws a guilty look at you and John before looking down. "Moriarty is dead, no question. But more importantly....I know exactly what he's going to do next." He said, smiling and all four of you load up in the car and head off to Baker Street.
The game is, definitely, on!

*1895*

"Flying machines; these, er, telephone contraptions....What sort of lunatic fantasy is that?" John asked Sherlock. Both men were sitting in there chairs and smoking their pipes, while you were sitting in a chair next to Sherlock, you right leg crossed over you left leg and your hands rest over your knees. "It was simply my conjecture of what a future world might look like, and how you, (y/n) and I might fit inside it." Sherlock replied and you couldn't help but chuckle at this. John nods.

"From a drop of water, a logician should be able to infer the possibility of an Atlantic or a Niagara." Sherlock said.

"Or a Reichenbach." You responded. Sherlock smiles at you and takes your left hand and strokes the diamond ring on your ring finger with his thumb.

Seeing this, John said. "By the way congratulations on your engagement." You smile at him and said. "Thank you, Watson."

You couldn't believe it...in a few months, you would become Mrs (y/n) Holmes. John nods at you as Sherlock asks. "Have you written up your account of the case?"

"Yes." John replies.

"Hmm. Modified to put it down as one of my rare failures, of course?" Sherlock asked him.

"Of course." John replied. Sherlock looks thoughtful for a moment before saying. "The Adventure of...the Invisible Army."

John looks up, considering it.

"The League of Furies?" You asked.

"The Monstrous Regiment." Sherlock said, leaning forward in his chair smiling.

"I rather thought...The Abominable Bride." John stated.

You and Sherlock lean back in your chair as Sherlock said. "A trifle lurid."

"It'll sell. It's got proper murders in it, too." John said.

"You're the expert." Sherlock said, pointing his pipe at him.

"As for your own tale, are you sure it's still just a seven percent solution that you take?" You asked Sherlock. "I think you may have increased the dosage."

He looks over at you and smiles "Perhaps I was being a little fanciful...but perhaps such things could come to pass." He said as he gets up from his seat and walks over to the right-hand window.

"In any case, I know I would be very much at home in such a world." He says as John chuckles and you get up off of your chair and walk right beside him.

"Don't think I would be." John replied.

"Me either." You said.

Sherlock looks down at you and puts his arm around you and gives you a kiss. "I beg to differ." He said, as he holds you close to his side and looks out the window.

"But then I've always known I was a man out of his time."

Next: https://my.w.tt/WZZsZHwSLY