1# Bestfriend

2/23/19: ya'll this fic was made years back so it's pretty awful, apologizes for errors and such.

_________________
"Hey Renato?" A child with big sunset eyes asked, her legs stopped swinging. "What would you do....If I..went missing?"

Renato looked at the girl with narrowed eyes. "You wouldn't go missing. You got me, right?"

The girl tilted her head and smiled warmly, "I mean, what IF I went missing? Would you find me?"

Renato's lips twitched, "Why wouldn't I find you?"

The girl laughed quietly, "What if you were mad at me? Or if you forgot about me?"

The raven scowled. "How would I even forget your annoying voice?" They both knew it was a joke.

The girl nodded to herself, smiling brightly once again. "Fine! If one of us gets missing then the other has to look for them!" The girl stuck out her hand, eyes twinkling.

Renato snorted, "Like I would ever go missing." But he still put his hand in her hand. "But you still got yourself a deal....Tsuna."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Reborn woke with a gasp, onyx eyes taking in the room.

His heart was pounding, sweat was forming on his forehead, his big eyes searched the room for any intruders.

Calming his beating heart Reborn stared at the blankets.

'A dream, just a dream. No wait....' Reborn mused 'A memory from the past.'

Just like all the other ones before, they all involved the same honey eyed girl, and Reborn couldn't seem to get her out of his head. He knew that he had a childhood friend, someone that he held to his heart dearly. But he didn't understand why he couldn't remember her.

So why were all the memories coming back now?

It confused him, something he wasn't often. Reborn knew that at some point in his life, he gave up on trying to find her. He continued his path of the worlds greatest hitman, locking away his childhood memories so that they wouldn't get in his way.

But for now, he remembered bit and pieces of Tsuna. Her smile (Warm as the sun) Her laugh (Like little bells) Her expressions (He loved them)

Reborn couldn't help but image what would've happened if Tsuna never got taken away.

Away from him.

But he knew that he couldn't think such things, he was after all...

The worlds greatest hitman, trapped in a infants body.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

BANG

"Reborn! don't shoot my wall!"

BANG BANG

"REBORN! DON'T SHOOT ME!"

Reborn smirked as he looked at wimpy Dino, his new student. "Loser Dino, I think you need a lesson on how to be a great Mafia boss." Dino turned pale at that.

Before Reborn could start shooting at Dino, a knock at the door was heard.

Why did Reborn feel such hope?

Dino suddenly brightened up, his frown became a giant full blown grin.

"Come in Tsuna!" Dino shouted, his grin never leaving his face. Reborn stared at the door with a blank face.

'It couldn't be....It's been over 30 years...She should be dead..'

The door slowly slid open, revealing a petite brown haired girl with honey eyes, she looked about 16 years old.

Reborn stood there in shock, locking eyes with the girl as she also froze.

'Honey....Eyes..'

______________________________________________________________________________________________

- FLASH BACK -

"There they are!" Men and black suits chased after the 10 year old children, one was struggling to run while the other was trying his best to get the girl to safety.

Renato tugged on the girls hand, trying to get her to go faster. "Come on Tsuna!"

Tsuna pushed herself away from Renato, giving him a sad smile. "Both of us cannot get away in time. Please Renato" Tsuna begged, "Just go...Ill detract them while I can. You're my only friend.

Renato grabbed her arm and started tugging her away, "And your my only friend too damnit!" Renato hissed angrily.

"Over there!"

Tsuna pushed a angry Renato into the nearby bushes, then suited men came out.

A bald haired one smirked and grabbed Tsuna by the hair, lifting her up. "Oh? This here's a pretty one boys! A prefect test subject!" The men laughed as the bald one knocked Tsuna out and hauled her over his shoulder, like a sack of potatoes.

Renato watched all this happen in horror, not able to help at all.

"Lets brake this promise, ne?"

Renato replayed Tsuna's last words over and over again in his head.

Why her?

Renato gritted his teeth, clutching his fists. And promised to find his best friend again.

- END -

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Reborn opened his mouth, "What....Happened to you?" Dino shot a confused look to Reborn (Who ignored him in favor of Tsuna)

Tsuna shifted slightly, ignoring his question in favor of serving Dino his food, then leaving.

Reborn watched her retreating back.

His best friend was alive.

Reborn remembered the sadness and anger in her eyes.

What had happened to her?