Friday, December 16th

"I just don't understand why you want me to be paired with her." She rested her butt against a desk and crossed her arms while she looked at the theatre teacher. "You know that we don't get along, yet you still put us together. Why can't I be paired with Juliet? We have a lot more chemistry on stage than Elli and I ever will."

Lexi first met Elliot Grey when she walked into the eleventh grade English literature class at the end of Lexi's junior year. They hated each other after a while, giving evil eyes and condescending looks. Honestly, Lexi had no idea why they hated each other. The personalities just clashed. They were just both too bossy and controlling for their own good and they both wanted to be in charge of certain group projects and tried to one-up each other during conversations on thematic ideas. Lexi's best friend, Juliet, liked Elli and hung out with her a lot. She tried a few times over the summer to get the two to hang out with each other, but it usually ended up with them trying to verbally rip each others' heads off.

Senior year rolled around and Elli joined the theatre group and Lexi was never really happy about it. The troupe director, Ms.Lemora, always said that the show must go on, no matter who your scene partner, as the two got paired a lot during games they played. And Lemora, who dabbled in playing God, paired the two up to create and star in a duet scene over the course of Christmas break. Lexi, per usual, was very opposed.

"Lex, you can't always expect to be paired up with people that you like." Lemora just waved a hand like she didn't necessarily care about the girl's whining. She was fresh out of college, so she still understood the high school drama between girls and how stupid it usually is. "Besides, both you and Elli are strong actors. You both know how to work a stage and work it well. And with the time I'm giving you guys, I'm sure you two will come up with something magnificent. Just think of this as a learning experience for both of you."

Sighing, Lexi took her backpack off the desk next to her and slung it over her shoulder before standing. "Alright, Le. You owe me, though."

Lemora just turned towards her computer, waving a hand in her student's general direction. "Uh-huh, Lexi. Get out of my room so that we can both go home."

"Okay, okay see you after break. Happy Holidays." She strided out her classroom after her teacher called a "Happy Holidays" and into the hallway where a stream of high schoolers flowed by. Pushing through the herd of teenagers, Lexi made her way towards her locker not far from the theatre room. Juliet was at her locker right by Lexi's, switching out her books with stuff that she needed for the interim of the break.

  "Any luck with Le?" Juliet asked, not even bothering to look at Lexi as she grabbed her Calculus binder.

  "Well, she thinks that Elli and I will be an interesting combo for this assignment." She sighed while opening her locker to grab her history text book. "I feel like she'll try to rip my throat out."

  "She's an 18 year old girl, not a wild wolf, Lex." Juliet reminded her friend as she closed her locker. She looked at her with a confident grin and her chin held high. "Just worry about making an amazing duet scene because I think that Matt and I just might make one that's better. You should watch your back."

  Lexi let out a laugh and closed her locker to look at her, "Well, Matt is a lazy-ass so I call bullshit."

  "You never know." Juliet walked with her down the hallway to the stairwell. She wiggled her eyebrows a bit as her hand pushed the bar to open the door. They descended the stairs to the bottom floor. "I could persuade him somehow."

  Lexi opened the door this time, rolling her eyes in the process. "Bitch, you have never had sex and you do not have the ability to flirt at all. How the hell would you do what you are insinuating?"