Tuesday, December 20th

Tuesday was the next day the two of them met up again at Home Brew to go over notes and ideas. Both seemed a bit irritable that day due to their amount of ideas yet the lack of one actually sticking well with the other.

Lexi rubbed her forehead under her beanie before sliding it back down. She looked at Elli with an exasperated look, "That's a stupid idea."

Elli looked slightly offended, "What do you mean it's a 'stupid idea'? Its a conversation between mother and daughter! Its heartwarming!"

"It's cliché!" Lexi pointed out, tapping her pen on her notebook for emphasis. "Do you know how many two women scenes out there are mother to daughter?" Before Elli could open her mouth, Lexi answered her own question, "Too damn many. What would make ours so special? Plus, we shouldn't try for an age gap that big."

"I don't see you sprouting out ingenious ideas." Elli crossed her arms and sat back while glaring out the window.

"I think that my zombie apocalypse idea was superb." Lexi let one arm rest on the back of the booth as she reached for her peppermint mocha. "I don't understand why you don't like it."

Elli studied the blanket of white clouds that hid the setting sun before she pulled her eyes away to set her glare onto the girl in front of her, "You proposed that my character dies at the end."

"A zombie death-scene." Lexi nodded, putting her coffee down. "Its a new twist of Shakespearean introduced theatre."

"My ass." Elli snorted, "You just want to kill me off."

That only made Lexi smirk at her, "Maybe."

The other girl studied her face. Elli squinted slightly in regards to Lexi's added eyebrow wiggle. She could tell that was only to piss her off. It worked, nonetheless. Elli rolled her eyes, "You are so nauseating."

"Oh really?" An eyebrow rose as Lexi put her elbows on the table, her chin resting on her hands. "How so?"

"You go out of your way to piss me the hell off." Elli clenched her jaw slightly and exhaled through her nose. "Why can't we just agree on an idea?"

"Oh and that's my fault, right?" Lexi kept that smirk on her face as she set her hands down, leaning a bit forward. "Ever thought that maybe your uptight and controlling behavior is what's stopping us from agreeing?"

Elli couldn't help, but copy the girl's actions. She scooted up and placed her arms on the table. They just made eye contact with each other across the table with the two feet of space between their faces. Elli was down right glaring at the girl while Lexi only had this amused smirk that deepened every time it made Elli's glare harden. Elli suddenly stood up and gathered her things, "Since we are obviously not going to get anything done today, I am going home."

That tone made Lexi's smirk falter a bit. Maybe that last statement was a bit too far. She stood up when Elli put her notebook in her bag. "So soon? You're not staying for Open Mic Tuesdays?"

Elli stopped and looked up at her with a look of confusion, "What is Open Mic Tuesdays?"

"What do you think?" Lexi smiled a bit, "The mic is open for basically anything. It's mostly just poets and song writers. We also have a karaoke machine just in case. It's often pretty fun because of college kids. It'll be a shame if you miss it."

It took Elli a second of just watching Lexi's smile to finally relax her shoulders, "What time does it start?"

Lexi grinned even wider, "6 to 9."