Saturday, December 17th

  Around 7:30, an alarm clock on Lexi's phone blared into her ear. She almost fell off the bed, but pulled herself to the edge and reached over to the bed-side table to turn off her alarm. She laid back down with a sigh, unwilling to get up. Juliet and Alyssa were the ones that wanted to get up early to work out. Mitch and Lexi were sadly just tugged along. Lexi wasn't really a morning person and she didn't necessarily like to work out either. Now both has been happening for about a month. Yeah, she liked the different stages of her stomach, but she didn't like the work.

  Lexi rolled out of the bed and went over to her dresser. She opened it up to grab a Nike tanktop and some yoga pants. She changed, her clothes actually making it to the hamper this time, then pulled on her hoodie. Walking out her bedroom door, she got her drawstring bag and put her wallet and water bottle in it. Sitting on her bed, she pulled on her trainers before getting up to go to the bathroom.

  Walking back to her room with her hair back up in a ponytail, she grabbed her bag and her keys then she was off. Her feet hit the stairs and the smell of coffee hit her nostrils. With a small smile, she got off the stairs and turned towards the kitchen. There was her mom, Elizabeth, at the counter, pouring some cereal that Lexi manually labeled "Old People Brand" because it wasn't sweet enough for her. She stood in her Saturday best which involved her usual business attire of neutral color slacks, neutral color blazer and a different color blouse each day. Today, she wore a light blue blouse to match her light eyes with a grey pantsuit and then her dark hair curled just above her shoulders.

  Elizabeth looked at her still half-asleep daughter and smiled, "Gotta say, I always am surprised everytime you  come down those stairs before noon on a weekend. Juliet is a miracle worker."

  Lexi set her stuff on the counter before going over to her mom, giving her a kiss on the cheek before going to the fridge, "Good morning to you too, mother." She grabbed a pre-bottled smoothie and closed the fridge. "Juliet is lucky that I'm a good friend. You can bet that I'm not going tomorrow since she's leaving for Colorado later."

  "That's my daughter," Elizabeth took a bite of cereal, "just ready to make sure her friends aren't lonely."

  "She has Alyssa!" Lexi pointed out, "Mitch and I just go because they want us to 'spend more time together.'" She rolled her eyes and picked up her stuff again. "I'm coming home after gym, but then I'll be at Home Brew at 2 so that I can meet my friend," that word made her mouth taste like copper, "to work on the duet scene thing."

  "What friend?" Her mom made conversation as she ate the rest of her cereal.

Lexi tilted her head,  "Well, she's not exactly a 'friend'. She's the one that Juliet is friends with. The one that she keeps trying to get me to get along with."

  My mom had that same evil grin that Lemora usually gets when she's about to talk like a teenage girl. "Oooh that cute little brunette that was in the final play last year?"

  "Yes, the one who played one of the mains." Lexi rolled her eyes slightly.

  "So you two are going to be spending a lot of time together?" Elizabeth sat her bowl of milk on the ground and Zeus came over to slurp it up.

  "Yeah?" Lexi raised an eyebrow, "What of it?"

  Her mother just drank her orange juice and acted all  innocent, "Oh. Nothing."

*****

   Lexi laid on her back, her chest moving up and down at a fast pace and sweat beading down her flushed face. After doing cardio with Alyssa, she felt like death wouldn't exactly be bad. At least her heart wouldn't feel like it was going to bust out of her ribs. Alyssa squatted by her, looking a little flustered, but also just fine with the workouts they've been doing. She was basically acting as a fun drill sergeant in Lexi's opinion.