Chapter Three

"Watch me choke it down so I can throw it up." Sarcasm ~ Get Scared

Helpful hint; work together!

The water continued to pour around the teenagers, spraying them in the face. Water droplets clung to their hair and eyelashes, streaking down their skin. The water that was pooling below them was already a foot or two deep, and quickly rising, catching up to Marinette and Chat Noir.

"Hey Chat, I figure now is the best time to tell you something." Marinette said as they slowly took a step up, their shoes squeaking against the wet wall.

"If you're confessing you're undying love for me, now is really not the time."

Like you have any room to talk. Marinette thought to herself as she kept herself from slipping against the wall.

"What is it?" He grunted out through his gritted teeth as he stayed as steady as he could against the slick wall. His whole body was threatening to start shaking as more of the freezing water continued to shower down on them. He knew Marinette wasn't doing much better as he felt her arms tremble against his. His blonde hair darkened as it grew damp, plastering itself to his forehead and hanging over his eyes, making it hard for him to see.

They muttered another left as they took a shaky step with their left feet, their legs starting to burn as they strained their muscles. Even after all the akumas they fought in the past and having to do all that exercising, it was nothing compared to this excruciating work of climbing up these wet walls.

"I can't swim." Marinette glanced down at the now three foot deep pool below them, having a mini heart attack at the sight of their drop. It was at least ten feet below them. She was doomed if they fell and the water got any deeper than it was right now.

"Come on meow. You don't need to worry about that. I'm here and I won't let anything hurt you. Not even that silly water below us."

"Aren't cats supposed to be scared of water?" She teased, momentarily taking her mind off of the deepening water.

"This cat isn't afraid of anything, purrincess." Chat answered smoothly before they took another step. Marinette's flats slipped against the wall, her body lurching forward from the sudden loss of pressure. With her support gone, Chat fell back as well, his arms swinging wildly as he tried to stop himself from falling.

Marinette screamed his name as she saw the water get closer and closer to her. She could mentally see herself crashing into the deep water, and never being able to break through the sparkling surface the clear water made around her. Her freefall was stopped with a sudden jolt as a firm hold of a leather covered hand wrapped around her thin wrist. He had his feet pressed firmly against the wall, his claws from his other hand digging into the opposite wall.

His body was trembling at the strenuous work as he held both of their weight against the drenched walls. He scrunched his brows together in concentration, his lips pressed in a thin line. He suddenly was thankful for these claws now, even after all those times it had made it harder for him to do simple things as Chat Noir.

"I told you I wouldn't let this silly water hurt you, didn't I?" He managed to grunt out through clenched teeth. He gave a smirk before he spoke again. "But, could you... start climbing up?... This is not the easiest thing to be doing with the two of us."

The water, now at her hips, grew even colder than before, freezing Marinette's lower half as goosebumps traveled up her spine. Her teeth chattered together loudly as she began to climb up his arm, going as quickly as she could without hurting him.