w h i t e c h r y s a n t h e m u m s

White Chrysanthemums - The flower of truth.

-

The day finally arrived. The day that Elnora completely dreaded the most: Valentines day. Maybe Elnora wouldn't resent the day if she had a boyfriend but since she didn't, Elnora had every right to hate it.

The only good thing about the valentine season was that most of the chocolates would be sold at a discount. Nothing more, nothing less.

As expected, the shop was filled to the brim with customers. Elnora's fingers ached due to the numerous bouquets of flowers she had wrapped. She knew that relentless work was something that was inevitable for today, but she didn't think that it'd be this hectic. Elnora was met by various kinds of customers. From sweet to nervous to just plain rude.

Archer had been doing his fair share of work. However, there was just something off about him. Elnora tried convincing herself that he was probably just fatigued but she knew better. She'd have to interrogate him once the shop was empty.

As her current customer paid for the flowers and trudged out of the store, Elnora hummed to herself whilst arranging the notes in the register. She would've made it to the favourite part of the song had she not been interrupted by the clearing of a throat.

Elnora looked up, half hoping to see a specific brown eyed boy with ruffled hair who wore glasses and a dorky smile but to her complete surprise, it was not. The customer who greeted her had only one thing in common with the aforementioned person; he was a boy. And a mighty fine looking one at that.

His eyes were the darkest shade of brown; the abysmal kind. The complexion of his skin reminded Elnora of her favourite starbuck's mocha. He had a jawline that was sharper than the thorns she usually pricked her fingers on and Elnoras first thought was, 'Holy shit.'

"I'd like you to ring this out for me, please." He said in a strong but polite voice and Elnora almost swooned then and there. She didn't trust herself with speaking so she just nodded her head as he handed her one of the readymade bouquets. Her grip on the flowers were a little too strong but hey, it wasn't her fault that there was a completely gorgeous human being in front of her. It was a surprise that she had stayed composed till now. If it was Tory, she would scream until all the windows of the shop were reduced to nothing but glass powder.

"Busy day, huh?" He asked, looking around at the people within the store. Elnora was too engrossed with staring at him that she almost forgot to reply. "Yeah," she said as she swallowed down her stupidity, "Valentines day and all."

One of the corners of his mouth slightly tilted upwards. "Shouldn't it be a busy day for you too then... Elnora?" His eyes were narrowed, indicating that he was previously reading her name tag. Elnora scoffed unknowingly.

"Oh it is. I have two tubs of ice cream and a shit load of movies waiting for me when I get home. Super busy today."

His laughter made it hard for Elnora to conceal her own. People from the shop were glancing at them in curiosity but they were given no heed. The boy shook his head in amusement as Elnora handed him back the bouquet. Before leaving, he retraced his steps until he was right back in front of her.

"Happy Valentines day, Elnora." He said as he handed her a single flower from the large bouquet and with that, he strolled out of the shop leaving Elnora as pink as the carnation in her hands.