s u n f l o w e r s

Sunflower - The flower of pure thoughts.

-

The next few days passed by smoothly. Elnora couldn't remember being this happy or giddy. She always found herself beaming in Archer's presence. She found that Archer did indeed stay true to his words that they could take this - whatever this was - at her pace.

He didn't ignore the fact that his feelings were now out in the open, he just didn't spring the topic on her at every second or made her feel uncomfortable.

As for Elnora, her mouth was still shut about her emotions although she was pretty certain that he knew that she reciprocated whatever this is and for now, it would have to do. There were many times that she almost spilled. That she almost told him. But she held back every single time and she didn't even know why.

How could sixth graders easily proclaim their 'love' and fetch themselves a girlfriend or boyfriend while she couldn't? Life was just unfair. She wished that she could just majestically grow a lady-pair and own up to it but alas, there was no manual on how to do that.

They were currently in the store room of the shop, cutting ribbons once again. The shop wouldn't open in at least half an hour and they couldn't wrap any bouquets without them.

"Whatcha thinkin' bout?" Asked Archer chirpily as he cut string after string. "No, wait. Let me guess," He said as he held up his hands, "you're thinking about me aren't ya?"

Bingo.

Elnora scoffed at him. "Hell to the no." He pouted in mock sadness and Elnora almost came undone. He put down his scissors and glanced at her.

"You know, you're good at a lot of things. But lying isn't one of them, sweetheart."  He gloated with a smug smirk. Elnora could feel her cheeks burn as she rolled her eyes. She too had abandoned the scissor in her hands and returned the stare.

"I'm not lying, dumb ass. Give me one good reason why I should be thinking about you."

Now, Elnora had made numerous mistakes throughout her entire life. For example, eating one too many tacos that ended up with one too many bathroom visits. Or for instance the time she wore heels to an amusement park which resulted in her getting a sprained ankle.

No matter how many mistakes she made though, nothing could compare to this one; challenging Archer. She knew that from the moment those words left her mouth, she would regret it.

Or maybe not.

"Because." He said as he stalked towards her. Each step he took forward, she took a step back. This continued until her back reached the wall. Oh God, she thought to herself, this is so fucking cliché.

However, having her back pressed against the wall wasn't enough for Archer. He took languid steps until he was right in front of her. He placed both of his hands on the wall behind Elnora and grinned down at her with a glint of mischief in his eyes. He obviously revelled in the fact that he was towering over her and that she was trapped. 

"Because?" She asked a little breathlessly.

"Because I'm irresistible." He said simply with a light shrug.

"How sure are you of that?" Elnora knew that she was playing a losing game but hey, it didn't hurt to try.

"On a scale of one to ten, let's say a hundred."

Elnora couldn't breathe. She had never been this close to Archer before. Now that they were in close proximity she noticed how brown, abysmal and hypnotising his eyes truly were. She also noticed how perfect his nose was. But what robbed Elnora of her breath were his lips.