Wattpad Original
There are 11 more free parts

Chapter Six: I Hate Walking Behind People

Chapter 6: I Hate Walking Behind People

I want to relate my sandwich-throwing experience to Esmeralda, but she's having lunch with her other friends. While Bobby Sawyer and Hattie Blake are both perhaps as anti-social as me, Hattie always smells funny and Bobby is a drama queen and hates me almost as much as I hate Instagram.

I think sandwich throwing can be an Olympic sport. With some time and practice, I can figure out the required technique, like how much force I should invest in throwing, the best angle for the sandwich to hit, and the optimal timing for the throw—the element of surprise is vital.

The only problem I can see here is, what if I'm hungry?

I'm not sorry about the sandwich incident. What I would have changed is running away. I certainly wouldn't have stayed there, but I should've walked away instead.

Because that would've given him time to check out my ass.

Hi. That's my body speaking. I don't care that I want him. I'm a realist. I know that the attraction will inevitably wear off when I get to know him as a person.

The moment he's a person with an actual personality and not just sexy flesh is the moment I get turned off.

That's me. That's how I'm wired.

It's why I'm still a virgin.

I sit in the empty biotechnology classroom and fantasize about what would happen if Hotness wouldn't actually have a personality. And I don't mean a boring personality. I mean that he'd simply never talk.

A hand comes to rest on my shoulder. I stiffen and look up.

"What?" I ask, staring into the intruder's marvelous blue eyes.

With a single step, he comes around to face me. He grasps the corners of the desk that stands between us and crouches down so that our faces are completely level and far too close.

"You looked like you were having an erotic fantasy, Fee," Shawn says.

"And you just ruined it."

"Was it about me?"

"Not in a million years."

"What? Even after we had such a good time together with magazines, whacking, and steamy love?"

News does travel fast in our school. I'm impressed. That took a total of ten minutes. I roll my shoulders into a small shrug and then lower my chin to better glare into Shawn's eyes. "What can I say? I use, abuse, and lose interest fast."

Shawn matches my mean stare with his own, his face inching closer, trying to intimidate me. "Lose interest? We've only gotten started, Fee. You're going to have a very interesting time with me."

"And your game plan?" I ask, moving forward instead of backing away. "Have Ashley spread rumors about us? Because that is totally making me fall head over heels for you."

"Is that how you know me?" His voice is a malicious purr. He's still coming closer, a nearness that you wouldn't be with just anyone. It makes my chest boil. "I've got a whole plan, especially for you."

"You shouldn't have told me that," I say, retreating back into my chair. "You'll ruin the surprise."

Shawn angles in, but stops short of kissing me. His face just hovers a few inches away from mine.

He winks.

There's a ruckus of walking feet and talking voices as the classroom door bursts open and a large group of students comes streaming in.